< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: French MAS Mle 49/56  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
French MAS Mle 49/56
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »
Picked up a new semi-auto battle rifle to play with. ;D I have been interested in these for some time but never found one at a price I thought was reasonable for a 1960's made gas operated unit. This design is actually an early fore runner of the direct gas impingement system used in Mr. Stoner's black rifle we all know and love. And yes even though its French they saw heavy combat use by the Forgin Legion in Algeria and French Endo China. A reliable and deadly weapon by all accounts. The other  thing with them was that ammo and componets were at one time very hard to come by. Now days thanks to our old milsurp ammo friends at Prvi Partisan reloadable boxer primed brass and loaded ammo for the 7.5x54 French MAS is affordable and easy to come by. Anyway, the rifle, brass and dies are all on the way. I will post more on it when I get things up and running. Should be a "gas" to shoot. :laugh:

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: French MAS Mle 49/56
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »
Ok, I'm jealous.  Those are neat rifles.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
I've got a MAS 36 I reload for and enjoy shooting. My rifles accuracy is surprising in spite of the very heavy trigger pull and thick front sight. I would like to add a 49 or one of it's variants to the stable one day.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »
I've got a MAS 36 I reload for and enjoy shooting. My rifles accuracy is surprising in spite of the very heavy trigger pull and thick front sight. I would like to add a 49 or one of it's variants to the stable one day.

You should bring that out to the Ikes vintage rifle match sometime. I haven't seen one there yet. Be great to check out and see it in action. I plan on getting one when a good deal presents itself. Right now all of the ones listed on the auctions are pretty overpriced. I am going to the KC gun show in a few weeks and will keep an eye out for a deal on an M36.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »
I would really like to do that. I'll try and make the next one.