< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW rejected  (Read 2656 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
CCW rejected
« on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Went into the Lincoln CID office June 25th 8am and didn't have my proof of residency for 180 days and asked the lady if my lease would work since it was started August 1st 2011. She said it would work so I went back to my apartment and brought that in and she said I would be ok. Got a letter saying I have no proof of residency... Was she supposed to make a copy of my lease or make a mark on my application saying she saw it. Because I don't recall her making a it.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: CCW rejected
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
bradkoll:

It's unclear from your msg whether or not a copy of your lease document was included in your application package.

Sounds like one clerk reviewed the lease then passed your package on to another clerk, who perhaps never saw the lease.   Whatever.

You'll have to put some time and energy into straightening out this situation,

but..........in the end you'll get your CHP.

Sooner rather than later, it is hoped.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
She just asked to see proof of residence from over 180 days ago. So I went home and got my lease and came back. As I recall she just looked at it to verify it was over 180 days and gave it back. I assumed she just had to see it and didn't need to keep it. I only saw her make a copy of my passport for proof of citizenship. I will try to be polite on the phone Monday morning since this could have been a simple mistake, even though it was her fault. Hopefully I can scan an old utility bill and email it to them instead of making another trip to Lincoln since I am back in Columbus.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
Darn, thats could be slighlty annoying. Good luck getting it sorted,keep us posted!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
bradkoll:

However, IF you do have to go to Lincoln, take some of your fav handguns, plenty of ammo, and stop at Thunder Alley.

Make the trip worthwhile.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »
bradkoll:

However, IF you do have to go to Lincoln, take some of your fav handguns, plenty of ammo, and stop at Thunder Alley.

Make the trip worthwhile.

sfg

I'm going to Lincoln again tomorrow. Figure I could pack some stuff up at my apartment for my move out in a few weeks. Unfortunately I already took all my reloading stuff to my friends place in Omaha so I don't have any handgun ammo. Probably best to take care of it in person instead of hoping it all gets taken care of through mail/email. I will let you all know how it goes, I hope I didn't get put on the bottom of the pile for this.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
Stopped by the CID office today and told them my story abou how I had my proof of residence the first time and they didn't seem to care. But this time they made a copy of my utility bill. So my paperwork is back in the loop and he said it should still be on the same time frame I was on when I started. Hopefully within 2 weeks since its going faster now. Fingers crossed!

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 02:23:22 AM »
When I went to the Omaha Troop almost a month ago, the lady told me that my car registration would also work for proof of address/180 day residency.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:26:10 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline Turbo_jb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
Sooo... What ended up happening?

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
They didn't make a copy of my lease proving my Nebraska residency. I resubmitted it and got my permit a couple weeks later.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 06:52:13 AM »
Congratulations!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 05:47:13 AM »
And you are moving so you have to get a new State ID and new Permit anyway?
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »
To be fair, did they send you a letter saying it was a "denial", or an incomplete application? The same happened to me and they were more than cordial about the matter. I called the Lincoln office, spoke to a nice lady that was happy to explain to me what she needed. She provided a fax number so I could get the information to her right away. Soon there after, I followed up with her to confirm that she received them. She was extremely nice to work with, and very helpful.

I never received a letter of denial, just one that stated that the application was incomplete without proof of residency and I had 30 days to respond with the correct documentation.
'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'[/SIZE][/I]