< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA-PAF First Candidate Meet and Greet  (Read 2993 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
NFOA-PAF First Candidate Meet and Greet
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Tuesday, July 24th
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Lucky Bucket Brewing Company
11941 Centennial Road, Suite 1
La Vista, Nebraska

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: NFOA-PAF First Candidate Meet and Greet
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
Posted?

50%+ revenue alcohol related?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
018 PROHIBITED PLACES AND PREMISES

018.01L Political rally or fundraiser;
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:58:46 AM »
As stated, school runs my life, but i'll try and swing up.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »
I am resharing a post I made on the event page on face book about the non ability to carry at this event.  If we do not like the laws we must work to change them and doing things like this is how that is done.

I am sorry you feel that way. I understand the position but unfortunatly the Law says you can not carry at any political rally or fundraiser. So all events hosted by the NFOA-PAF will be no carry zones, I hope you find a way to avoid rallies and still educate yourself about the candidates you will be electing to represent you.

You are also hurting your own cause by taking this hard line. By not going anywhere you can not carry you also limit your ability to interact with lawmakers to lobby them to change the laws that you dislike.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
Actually, I'm glad they brought it up, I hadn't thought about the fact that PAF made this an 'official' political fundraiser/rally.  Good thing I installed proper securing devices on the bike. ;)

gsd- if you have your scooter together, I planned on riding up...
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
Andy...I see nothing on the invitation indicating this "event and greet" is a "political rally" and being a free event...not technically a "fundraiser"......  Just sayin........

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »
This event is being sponsored by a Political Action Committee, with invitations sent to political candidates.

It is what it is, no matter the names attached to it.  Anyone wanting to believe it isn't a political fundraiser is free to do so at their own discretion.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
Either way I'm sure they get more than half of their revenue from alcohol. They are a brewery...

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
Perhaps a web cam can be set up so members who do not like to go unarmed so they can watch from the www.  A PC could easily be set up that text messages from outside could be sent in from callers with questions or comments.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »
This is a bump to this thread to remind folks it is tomorrow.

A note for those who refuse to go to events and places where they can not carry, first I understand and agree there should not be these restrictions.  That said if you want to change the law you need to get out and talk to the Senators making those decisions.  Not everyone has the ability to make it to a committee hearing, or even take time off from work to go visit there Senators office while the Legislature is in session.  These types of activities gives another opportunity to do so.  The organizations that are successful in changing the law, or blocking bad law, have people show up at in Senators offices to talk with them personally.  Yes emails, letters and phone calls help; but the thing that has the most effect on a Senator is when one of his (or her) constituents takes time out of their day to go to see them in person to discuss their issue.  Really the only places we normally have to see our Senators is either in their offices or at a political rally or fundraiser.  Yes you may be lucky and run into one as they go about their lives, but it is not appropriate to pull a Senator into discussing your issue when they are out with their family or doing there non Legislature related job.

You don't like that you can not carry at places and events like this one, you don't like that there can be no alcohol in your system (as has been covered in other discussion a drink can be detected for 10+ hours) then it is up to you to make the decision that you need to do something about it.  All I or the NFOA can do is give you the oppertunity, and act as reinforcement of your voice, but you need to step forward and have your voice heard.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »
I have been sick all weekend and am still not at full recovery today, therefore I will not be able to attend this evening. :(

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »
I need to thank all the members who came out, and the candidates that were there to visit.  We had about 30-35 people in attendance, with the weather I think that was pretty good.  Candidates in attendance were Scott Price of LD3, Erica Fish of LD11, Alan Hager for Learning Community, Jean Stothert for Mayor (Omaha), and last and defiantly least Andy Allen for OPS School Board (hey I was there and wore a lot of different hats all at once.).

The big news for the evening was the NFOA-PAF gave it's first endorsement of a candidate to Scott Price who has long been a supporter of the NFOA.

We are currently working on scheduling more of these events, at least one in Lincoln and possibly two more in the Omaha area (Elkhorn and Bellevue).  If anyone would like to have one of these events in their area and are willing to assist in getting it set up send me a note and we will see if we can not get one put together.