< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I need some help with this 10/22 scope mounting.  (Read 1579 times)

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
I need some help with this 10/22 scope mounting.
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
Hey guys. I bought my son this rifle for Christmas last year and he's loved it since. I just got him a scope for it because it's time to take him out shooting at some P-dogs and it'll be better with a scope, IMO. Anyhow, I've installed the scope adapter onto the rifle and the scope I got has rings on it. I've attached some pictures of my mount and the way I did it. Can you look at it and tell me if it's right?
That which does not kill us was not trained properly.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: I need some help with this 10/22 scope mounting.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
Other than being upside down it looks great....Just kidding.... looks good.  Had the similiar set up on mine several years.

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
OK. Thanks. I was worried because there doesn't seem to be a lot of "grab" on there. I'm sure it'll hold fine, but I wanted to confirm it was right.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
My preference would be Weaver base with weaver rings, you chose .22 tip off rings and base, only because like you notices 22 tip off does not have much grab.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
My preference would be Weaver base with weaver rings, you chose .22 tip off rings and base, only because like you notices 22 tip off does not have much grab.

What kind of rings do I need to get that would fit the large part of that base? Will Weaver rings fit it?

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »
I mounted a 1" scope on my buddy's new 10/22 this morning, using the Ruger base that came with the rifle, and some Weaver pattern rings.  The Weaver rings clamp onto the lower, wider part of the Ruger base.
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
Yeah, I took the rail off and went to Walmart with it this morning. I opened a couple packages of scope rings and found the ones I liked best. Now it's mounted very securely and my boy is definitely happy. Now I need to get a rail for the 10/22 I just traded for for myself and put an old scope on it too. :)
Love the 10/22's.
Thanks everyone!