< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Y'all Ain't Gonna Belive This  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
Y'all Ain't Gonna Belive This
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
I posted in another threat about my dealing with the person processing my renewal. Nothing bad, just that I teased her about getting it in 5 days and she responded with more like two weeks.
That was Monday the 16th (I had to go back and check the receipt cause I couldn't believe it).
It was processed on the 17th and I got it today  :o
Is that some kind of record??

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Y'all Ain't Gonna Belive This
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:13 PM »
CID is finally catching up...good for them. Its amazing what happens when you have the manpower to get something done huh?
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
CID is finally catching up...good for them. Its amazing what happens when you have the manpower to get something done huh?

I believe that this dramatic improvement came about primarily as the result of NFOA members firmly, yet respectfully, demanding that the law be followed despite the increase in permits and renewals.

Good work !
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
It helps when Andy Allen can say to the Gubner that thouands of our members are having trouble with the State not following the LAW.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 01:48:50 AM »
Same thing happened to me at the Omaha Troop for my renewal. I applied on Tuesday June 26th 2012 and the lady told me it would be about 2-3 weeks, yet they issued it June 27th 2012. Thanks all of you NFOA members who called, emailed, and wrote the governor and all the other various officials to get the state to follow state law again :)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
I applied on Tuesday June 26th 2012 and the lady told me it would be about 2-3 weeks, yet they issued it June 27th 2012.

Could be that the Lady does not know the different standards between a new permit and that of a renewal ..... or she is used to the 60+ day day wait and assumes thatis just the wway it is and will be, because ...... it's Government, and that's just the way it is.

Government can be made to be responsive, and this improvement is proof.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
They probably authorized extra overtime to process the permits and renewals.  I doubt they hired more people since there's supposed to be a hiring freeze for state employees according to the news, unless they made an exception for the CID.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »
LM, they did both add overtime to get things caught up and hired Temps to assist with the processing as directed by the Governor.  It took a little longer than was expected to get the Temps hired but once they got them they got caught up and back on schedule quickly.

A couple of comments on what has happened, and what we can do to effect this from not happening again. 

The NSP got caught with their proverbial pants down here, there are 2 people to process these and a supervisor that can also assist.  While the supervisor was out on medical leave both of the people who work this area quit.  They were slow to react do to the supervisor also being out.  This is a staffing issue, the NSP needs to have more personnel involved in this processing, it may not be someones primary job to do this but they need to be cross trained to cover these shortages.  This means they need a couple more people involved in multiple area's, I'm certain that processing CCW permits is not the only area they have a small staff, that can fill in when and where needed.  Unfortunately with budget constraints that is a luxury the NSP does not have at this time.  If we would like to help the NSP avoid this issue in the future, as one of the Senators that I spoke with about this issue said, we need to support the NSP when their budget is being looked at and when their staffing is being discussed in the Legislature.

We also need to realize that things like this can and will happen, and corrective measures can take a little time (.gov hiring is a slow process).  That does not mean we should not communicate with those that can effect the situation in a positive manner (contacts to the Governor and the Ombudsman's office, as well as the NSP helped to move things forward.  The NSP new they had a problem but was limited in what they could do about it, once the Governors office and Ombudsman's office got involved money and resources that otherwise would not have been available to the NSP were made available.

Overall the NSP is our friend and we need to support them so they can support us, they admit their failure and we need to be willing to help them fix the problem.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »
Well said, Andy.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
well said indeed!
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
I NSP was ridden pretty hard and they were pushed by contacting the ombudsman and Governor's office. Now that they have gotten things turned around it may be worthwhile to send notes expressing gratitude for the response and give them a little praise for it.

Andy is right, and the NFOA will need to have a good relationship with NSP and other agencies to make sure our voices are heard in the future. A little goodwill goes a long way.

Offline farmrboy

• Got Zombies?
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Farmrboy
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
Three years ago when I applied for my lic., I was told about the backlog and up to 8 week wait. I must have hit a lull in the storm and it showed up in 8 days. I called my instructor to tell him about my good luck, he said that's the fastest turn around he had heard of. Nice to see that is now the norm and not the exception.
NRA life member,  reloader since 1980, bullet caster since 2012, on Facebook- senior admin Reloading the Hornady Way, admin-The Reloading Room, Cast Bullets and Bullet Casting, NRA, Reloading Mentors North America