< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB 430 made a priority bill by Senator Tony Fulton  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
LB 430 made a priority bill by Senator Tony Fulton
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
At least that is the word going around... Anyone have the hard facts?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:10:41 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: LB 430 made a priority bill by Senator Tony Fulton
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »
http://nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/view_bill.php?DocumentID=6960

Looks to be the truth.... Lets all let Senator Fulton know we appreciate his support!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
Just received this message from Tony Fulton.  He is touting LB430 in his newletter

http://tonyfulton.com/legislature/031809.html

"Amending the Concealed Handgun Permit Act *

This Act originally passed the legislature to become law in 2006. Since then many cities have passed ordinances disallowing the law. An Attorney General’s opinion found that cities have no authority to act thus, so LB430 clarifies the law and provides for statewide consistency. Presently, a law-abiding citizen who has satisfied the provisions to purchase a CCW permit in Nebraska may find himself in a situation of breaking the law simply by driving through a city that has opted out of the original law. This patchwork of ordinances does not provide a consistent rule of law in Nebraska, and LB430 will bring us into line with the recent Attorney General's opinion. I was contacted by numerous citizens across Nebraska as well as a number from within my legislative district about this problem. I have prioritized LB430 so we can debate and rectify this problem in our law."

*excerpts from the linked page
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
I used to live in his district... now to convert Kathy Campbell.... maybe I'll just run against her next time...