< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Concealed Holster for Kahr PM9  (Read 3549 times)

Offline bigmountainskiercfg

• Forum Member
Concealed Holster for Kahr PM9
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
I just bought a Kahr PM9 and am looking for a good IWB holster that you guys have used/prefer as there are so many options.  I would prefer to carry it about 4 o'clock, just behind my iliac spine  (hopefully that makes sense).  Would also be interested in getting a belt thats specific for IWB carry, preferably not a leather belt.  If you have seen anything.  Thanks in advance,

Clay

Offline blind_hunter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Concealed Holster for Kahr PM9
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »
I like my Fist 1k kydex holster for my CM9. Bought it at the Bullet Hole. Ultra thin kydex with stiff clip. Can wear from 1-5 o'clock.

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:41:05 PM »
I have a CW9, I think they are pretty similar.  PM9 a little smaller??? Galco makes some holsters for Kahr.  I have a Galco IWB leather holster.  Fit tightly at first but quickly fit and formed to the gun very nicely.  Awesome retention and really comfortable.  I carry in the about the same position you described most of the time, give or take a half hour or so.  It carries a little higher than the last kydex holster I had for it, and it prints a little more this way on me because of this, but I think it's more comfortable that way.

O and mine cost $32 at Scheels and I bought it recently. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:44:45 PM by cckyle »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
BigMountainSkierCfg:

Before you buy your holster, it might be useful to you to consider adding a Crimson Trace LG-437 front-activated laser to your Kahr pistol.

The Kahr PM9 and the CT laser make a very compact setup and work beautifully in combination.    [Happens to be my own carry arrangement.   Actually, I have two of them set up so.]

The laser can be bought at $140-160, depending on where you get it.    eBay is a good source.

The PM9 w/laser would require a slightly different holster from the naked PM9.

As a suggestion, you may wish to be careful about putting your trigger finger too far into the Kahr trigger guard.   That Little Bucking Bronco is pretty rough on that first trigger finger knuckle.   After many bandaids, I've learned to shoot with the fingertip.

You've made an excellent choice of a tough, high quality, very concealable handgun.    Congratulations.

sfg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:01:19 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the info guys!  Keep it coming.  I am going to go in to cabelas, scheels, and maybe bass pro this week.

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
BigMountainSkierCfg:

Before you buy your holster, it might be useful to you to consider adding a Crimson Trace LG-437 front-activated laser to your Kahr pistol.

The Kahr PM9 and the CT laser make a very compact setup and work beautifully in combination.    [Happens to be my own carry arrangement.   Actually, I have two of them set up so.]

The laser can be bought at $140-160, depending on where you get it.    eBay is a good source.

The PM9 w/laser would require a slightly different holster from the naked PM9.

As a suggestion, you may wish to be careful about putting your trigger finger too far into the Kahr trigger guard.   That Little Bucking Bronco is pretty rough on that first trigger finger knuckle.   After many bandaids, I've learned to shoot with the fingertip.

You've made an excellent choice of a tough, high quality, very concealable handgun.    Congratulations.

sfg

I haven't noticed my trigger finger getting beat up. I'll pay attention to where my finger is at, I bet it is near the tip as I haven't had that problem... YET i guess.  Only put ~350 rounds through it though.  I loved the PM9, I had a PM9 for a while and sold it but when Kahr came out with the external safety and a new enhanced trigger It was meant to be in my ownership. 

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
CrossBreed MiniTuck

/thread

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »
For a good belt that isn't leather check out Wilderness.

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=catalog&parent=142&pg=1

I have been using the 5 stitch Instructor Belt daily for nearly 6 years. It is rigid enough to support any gun/holster/mag pouch combo you want to carry, and for only $40 is a bargain IMO.

Alamar Uniform in Omaha stocks black ones.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 07:39:46 AM »
+1 on Shawn's suggestion.  As I recall when I ordered mine years ago they have a tensile strength (for those of you in Rio Linda ask SempeFiGuy for an explanation of tensile strength) of around 2,000 lbs.  I assume in case you need to tow your buddy out of a snow drift.  In short, you ain't gonna wear it out.

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
That us exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you shawn.  I'll order one today.  I want the tan.  I noticed there was a couple different models.  The 40 dollar one will work great right?

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »
That us exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you shawn.  I'll order one today.  I want the tan.  I noticed there was a couple different models.  The 40 dollar one will work great right?

Yes. I have two (black, tan) of the 5 stitch Original Instructor Belts and they have worked perfectly. The 5 stitch is an added $5 and adds vertical stiffness over the 3 stitch. Worth it IMO for the added rigidity.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »

Found this gem today at cabelas in the bargain cave.  Retention is great, made for the Kahr 9mm model doesn't say.... just wish it covered the trigger a little better but galco kingtuk for 37 bucks can you go wrong?