< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Source for Stripped Lowers in Omaha  (Read 1335 times)

Offline babayaga

• NFOA Full Member
Source for Stripped Lowers in Omaha
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
 8)

Does anyone have a good source for stripped AR-15 lowers here in Omaha?  I have no problem transferring them in, but I was wondering if someone kept them in-stock.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Source for Stripped Lowers in Omaha
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
I saw a few leave the Hastings show.  You might take a trip down to the Crete or Fremont shows that are coming up.

Of course, I'm sitting on three stripped lowers and have had lower parts kits on backorder for 2 months now.  :/

NRA Life Member.

Offline Engineer5

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »
Before the Obamination The Bullet Hole used to keep DPMS in stock.  They are on back order now though.
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Offline babayaga

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Thanks, guys.  I just caved in & am transferring in a couple of lowers from Essential Arms.  Apparently they'll ship in two weeks (this is what they claimed & arfcom confirms).

Incidentally, my dealer said that gun supply has tightened up so much that he can't even get a "non-assault" weapon these days without some pain- even XDs are backordered.  I thought that 180 days was a long time to wait for my CMP Garand....they won't even tell me what my RRA kit might be available.  Folks are estimating 12-18 months now.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
I have an EA lower.  It's as nice as my Spikes and Stag lowers.
NRA Life Member.

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:38:01 PM »
Omaha is basically an anti gun town. I order all my lowers from somewhere else and pay the transfer fee. The Bullet Hole's prices are outrageously high. I've lived here 43 years and gun stores have always been few in number. Omaha has restrictive gun laws and it's been run by Dems way too long over the years. Seems like any town with a large population turns anti gun no matter what part of the country there in. Gangs were allowed to set-up, grow in number and thrive since the mid 80's and with them came gun violence. Just like most other large cities, Omaha's law makers think it's cheaper just to pass laws banning everyone from owning guns than to arrest, convict and put away the criminals. Even though that type of planning has failed everywhere it's been tried. Now that we have a concealed carry law I think violence will drop but most business's post no firearm signs so they will continue to be safe havens for criminals. it's like posting a sign saying... Hey, jack-off criminal, the business owner won't allow guns in here so everyone here is unarmed. Come on in and rob us at gun point, no one can protect themselves and you'll be safe.       

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
Prices are coming down a bit on receivers and ARs!! I am an FFL and acquired 10 Roggio Arsenal recivers at the Tulsa Gun Show! Have 3 left! email me if interested!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.