< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA-PAF Bellevue Meet and Greet  (Read 1093 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
NFOA-PAF Bellevue Meet and Greet
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
Please come out and join us and learn more about the Candidates and have a chance to ask for their support on your issues.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: NFOA-PAF Bellevue Meet and Greet
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
A reminder this is Sunday afternoon.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »
Not sure that I'll be able to make it to this one, running low on funds at the moment.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »
 A little after action review for folks. We had three Legislative Candidates at this event and eight others there, if we want to become a force and show those making our laws that we are concerned we need to step up the participation.

Now the good news, Acela Turco and Richard Carter both were able to solidify a couple of votes, good for them. Also the NFOA-PAF received several donations, so we will be able to help a candidate or two in these last couple of weeks when it may be most needed.

Also Thanks to Netties who not only donated use of their facility with a bartender on duty, I heard some good things about the Margaritas, but also donated the appetizers that were served. Without this type of support we as the NFOA as well as our PAC would not be able to accomplish what we get done.

Overall not a bad event but it could have been better. Thanks to the Candidates that attended,. Scott Price was informative as always, we could not have a better friend, and all those there left learning a little bit more about legislation and politics in Nebraska.
a few seconds ago

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »
            I know I did. I stopped by on my way back from some training in Iowa. (the good food might have been a strong distraction from the road wink ) Even though I do not live in any of those candidates districts, my children do, so I feel I have a vested interest in who represents then in the State Senate, School Boards, etc.
            Also for those folks not in the know, just because we do not live in a candidate's district, doesn't mean they will not have any effect on our lives. It also doesn't mean they are not worried about or are unwilling to talk about issues across the whole of the state. These folks were not talking only about issues in/ around Omaha, but issues across the state and Nebraska's role in the Nation. Also, because of the make-up of our Unicameral, the persons making up committees can cause havoc on many of the issues we hold dear to us. We NEED to be sure we are getting the right folks in the right places. We should ALL be beating on doors in North-ish Omaha pushing for the election of the write in vote Susan Smith, ensuring Chambers and Council sit these next few years out.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane