< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ? on Face to Face Transfers  (Read 1538 times)

Offline MikeP

• NFOA Full Member
? on Face to Face Transfers
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »
So where do you guys do Face to Face transfers/private sales of firearms? I have a couple of guns I would like to sell, but am hesitant about inviting strangers over to my home to complete the transaction? Of course, doing it in the parking lot of the HyVee gas station may not be the best choice either.  Thoughts? Thanks! This newby appreciates the help!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: ? on Face to Face Transfers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
If you have a gun range near by, meet them there.  Not too many people are going to be surprised seeing a gun in the parking lot at a shooting range.  It wouldn't be a bad idea for the buyer to shoot a few magazines through it.  If that is the case, they can look it over on the range and it doesn't have to be "exposed" in the parking lot.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
If I'm meeting someone I don't know, I like to meet in a place that has security and/or security cameras.  The Douglas County Sherriff's HQ is pretty close to my house.  No one's ever raised an eyebrow in relatively remote corners of big box store parking lots.  A gun range is another good idea.  However, I'd probably be hesitant to meet someone I didn't know at a remote, outdoor range that may or may not have others around to witness anything that may or may not take place.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »
So where do you guys do Face to Face transfers/private sales of firearms? I have a couple of guns I would like to sell, but am hesitant about inviting strangers over to my home to complete the transaction? Of course, doing it in the parking lot of the HyVee gas station may not be the best choice either.  Thoughts? Thanks! This newby appreciates the help!

I have done three face-to-face transactions with NFOA members in the last year, and in every case I met the other party in public in a parking lot: once at a truck stop, once at a big box retail store, and once at a coffee shop

So far every one of my transactions with other NFOA members has gone smoothly.