< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Glock 17?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Glock 17?
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix a glock ejection problem? When my wife is shooting her glock 17 the spent rounds fly directly back in her face or towards the top of her head. Her dad and I don't seem to notice it when we shoot it. We have been working on her grip and stance and we have tried several different types of ammo. Does anybody have any ideas?
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
Re: Glock 17?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
Maybe she's limp wristing it?  Thats fairly common among women. 

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
The early Gen4s had this issue.  There was an updated ejector on the newer Gen4s.  Start with that.  There are several Glock Armorers on the form, one of them might tell you how to check if it is an old or new ejector.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
Is it a Gen4 gun?

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
No it is a Gen 3. I am pretty sure it is her hold. She says she is holding it as tight as she can but her grip my just not be strong enough.

Thanks

Galen
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
No it is a Gen 3. I am pretty sure it is her hold. She says she is holding it as tight as she can but her grip my just not be strong enough.

Thanks

Galen

Tight grip is good, but is she gripping it as high as possible? Not leaving any gap between her hand and the beavertail?

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
Maybe she's limp wristing it?  Thats fairly common among women. 

I really hate seeing statements like this.  As a female shooter, I do understand that there are several females that "limp wrist" while shooting, but some instruction on proper grip and stance can correct this issue.  I have seen many male shooters limp wrist as well.  It is more a situation of improper body mechanics and having a grip too large for hand size than a gender issue.

/ done ranting /

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
Thanks for the input, I have a feeling it is coming down to her grip and stance. She has several issues she has to over come. For one she is right handed but left eyed dominate. I had her try shooting left handed but her left hand was too weak. I may need to have her go through a class sometime. She does not like to listen to me or her dad when we try to (nicely) get her to change her stance or grip.

Thanks again

Galen

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »
I really hate seeing statements like this.  As a female shooter, I do understand that there are several females that "limp wrist" while shooting, but some instruction on proper grip and stance can correct this issue.  I have seen many male shooters limp wrist as well.  It is more a situation of improper body mechanics and having a grip too large for hand size than a gender issue.

/ done ranting /

My wife saw that too, she was less than impressed.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »
What you might try is going to something like a 22 semi for a while, what that may do is teach better handling and grip.

I tend to not think it is so much limp wristing anyway since I don't have a Glock that won't cycle no matter how tight it's held. You might try a different brand of ammo. I know three different people can shoot one of my Glocks and the brass will go in three different directions.

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
I have a friend with a Gen 4 .40 and it hits me in the face every now and then...very annoying and slightly painful  :laugh:.  When I watch him shoot it I can also see brass flying directly over his head every few shots.  We are definitely not limp wristing, it seems to be just a random chance type of thing.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
Check to make sure the ejector is not broken or chipped as well.

The attached pic shows a .40 ejector on the left and 9mm on the right.

Note the .40 is long and straight....... The 9mm is long and slightly bent