< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New to the forum, seeking instruction and range availability.  (Read 2697 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: New to the forum, seeking instruction and range availability.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
Oh, one last comment---Chris Zeeb teaches "Legal Aspects of Using Lethal Force" class that is excellent.  He has one scheduled now, which is listed in the "Firearms Training and Instruction" subforum. 

Strongly suggested for everyone who carries a concealed weapon. 
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
Thank you guys for all the great replies!  I will certainly visit a Match out at ENGC.  I will also be checking into classes.  Thanks again for all of your input.

~Nick

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
I got my wife a pink squito.   Found it sad that sig recommends only cci minis right in the manual.  Also came with a rebate for cci ammo.   

After shooting it.   Only minis work properly. It came with 2 springs.  Both have issues unless using minis.  It usually wont eject.   

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »
I got my wife a pink squito.   Found it sad that sig recommends only cci minis right in the manual.  Also came with a rebate for cci ammo.   

After shooting it.   Only minis work properly. It came with 2 springs.  Both have issues unless using minis.  It usually wont eject.   

Had great success with Remington's Golden Bullets.  In either HP or Round nose.  Put 500 through this weekend without a single Failure.   Finally found a round it will eat that doesn't eat at my wallet.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
Walmart on 27th should have the Mini Mags, if not I have been substituting the Winchester Super Speed HP (red box next to CCI Mini Mags) =1330fps with 37 grain bullets ) with good results and sometimes a few cents cheaper.
Also you might try the CCI AR 22 tactical- was loved by my Chippea 1911-22, (1200 fps-40gr with a different bullet shape for more reliable feeding)  or the Federal (ugg) Auto Match (1200fps/40gr) (which my old Marlin 60s just adore)
you might stay away from the Winchester XPERT HV (unfortunately a company I usually prefer) bulk. Last time out with the rifles, the lead seems to be a shade larger than the brass, or maybe just soft, but occasionally the lead would push back over the brass and lodge in the chamber. ( A bad batch, maybe I hope).
If you Really need some Mini-Mags, I could sell ya a box (I have some stockpiled in both Hollow Point and Round Nose)

Side note- the Mini Mags seem to be the preferred ammo for the Walther P22 also. Only thing my mom will run in hers.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
Walmart on 27th should have the Mini Mags, if not I have been substituting the Winchester Super Speed HP (red box next to CCI Mini Mags) =1330fps with 37 grain bullets ) with good results and sometimes a few cents cheaper.
Also you might try the CCI AR 22 tactical- was loved by my Chippea 1911-22, (1200 fps-40gr with a different bullet shape for more reliable feeding)  or the Federal (ugg) Auto Match (1200fps/40gr) (which my old Marlin 60s just adore)
you might stay away from the Winchester XPERT HV (unfortunately a company I usually prefer) bulk. Last time out with the rifles, the lead seems to be a shade larger than the brass, or maybe just soft, but occasionally the lead would push back over the brass and lodge in the chamber. ( A bad batch, maybe I hope).
If you Really need some Mini-Mags, I could sell ya a box (I have some stockpiled in both Hollow Point and Round Nose)

Side note- the Mini Mags seem to be the preferred ammo for the Walther P22 also. Only thing my mom will run in hers.

I will have to try out the Winchesters, but for right now the Bulk Golden bullets are flawless.  Can't beet the $10/225 price tag either.  I talked with a rep at Walmart and the Mini-Mag's are on backorder because the factory is out of them.  They had no idea when they would get anymore.

Put 500 rounds of the Gold's through Saturday without a single failure.  Switched to the CCI SV, failed every round, the Target Match from Federal? Failed every single round.  The Winchester 333 box?  FTL Every round.  Put Gold's back in, and ran flawlessly again.  Its crazy that the weapon can be that picky.  But I think I have boiled it down a bit.  The Golden Bullets are slightly shorter overall. I mean by 1/16 - 1/32 of an inch... Barely noticeable. 

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
Did you switch to the lighter recoil spring?  If so, try switching back to the stiffer one.  I had HORRIBLE luck with the lighter spring, it wouldn't even work with the ammo that was working previously in the gun. 

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
Did you switch to the lighter recoil spring?  If so, try switching back to the stiffer one.  I had HORRIBLE luck with the lighter spring, it wouldn't even work with the ammo that was working previously in the gun. 

I gave up on the lighter spring the second day of testing.  The original is in and the Goldens are working well.

Ha, I don't suppose you would care to fondle the skeeter now that I have put two and two together! Disregard that comment in the PM! Hahaha. 

Offline ARTEDNA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
try cci stinger in my p220 conversion to 22lr they work 100% of the time