< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nov 18 and Nov 25 -- Last 2 Multigun matches at ENGC in 2012  (Read 2627 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Nov 18 and Nov 25 -- Last 2 Multigun matches at ENGC in 2012
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
Nov 18th and Nov 25th will be the last two Multigun matches of 2012 at ENGC---so get your ammo loaded up, and get some practice with your gear!  (Especially loading that shotgun quickly.)

Important note:  You will need a minimum of 5 shotgun slugs for EACH of those two matches.

As normal---setup starts at 7:15, registration cuts off at 8:40 (and the safety briefing is at 8:40), with the shooter's meeting at 9.  4 stages, with an interesting collection of shooting problems for you to solve.

I'm doing a rifle/pistol stage on on bay 6 for the match on the 18th, but other than that, I'm not certain who is putting things together for the rest---so don't ask me how much ammo to bring, I don't know.  :)  I will say that I'm planning on bringing LOTS.  (My car can always take it back home again.)

If I'm feeling nice I won't have lots of running plus kneeling plus prone positions.  For both guns.  We'll see.  Depends on if anyone brings donuts. :P

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
Re: Nov 18 and Nov 25 -- Last 2 Multigun matches at ENGC in 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
Nov 18th and Nov 25th will be the last two Multigun matches of 2012 at ENGC---so get your ammo loaded up, and get some practice with your gear!  (Especially loading that shotgun quickly.)

Important note:  You will need a minimum of 5 shotgun slugs for EACH of those two matches.

As normal---setup starts at 7:15, registration cuts off at 8:40 (and the safety briefing is at 8:40), with the shooter's meeting at 9.  4 stages, with an interesting collection of shooting problems for you to solve.

I'm doing a rifle/pistol stage on on bay 6 for the match on the 18th, but other than that, I'm not certain who is putting things together for the rest---so don't ask me how much ammo to bring, I don't know.  :)  I will say that I'm planning on bringing LOTS.  (My car can always take it back home again.)

If I'm feeling nice I won't have lots of running plus kneeling plus prone positions.  For both guns.  We'll see.  Depends on if anyone brings donuts. :P

Sounds like a blast!  May have to come watch the 18th. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
I actually prefer the more "active" stages involving running.  I'm in decent physical shape so it makes up for my lack of skill.   :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
Just reminder that there is a Multigun match this Sunday---4 stages, lots of shooting!

The ENPS website says to make sure you bring at least 5 slugs for your shotgun. Personally, I'm planning on bringing about 20, and hoping I can hit something.  (I wonder if Tom Engel is going to put a large steel plate at 75 yards for that?  We've actually had that discussion before...)

I have no actual idea what other people are doing.   :o

But I do know that on the stage I'm designing, you'll be knocking over steel with your pistol, and then dumping it to pick up your rifle to engage paper targets of different sizes.  And yes, there will be 50-yard headshots, just to make you people aim!

And to make bkoenig happy, there will be some running involved.   ;D

See you at the range!

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
This is going to be such a blast! How many rifle mag changes can be expected on the average stage?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
How about a 5K, with stops every mile to shoot?

Actually, that would be a really fun event.....hmm.........

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
This is going to be such a blast! How many rifle mag changes can be expected on the average stage?

I would assume, at most---one.  (I have a 45-round magazine for a reason...  :) )

I don't think I've ever needed more than two mags on a stage (using standard 30-round mags).  Well, once I needed a third mag, but that was because I threw the other one far downrange in the middle of the reload.  (Not on purpose, unfortunately.)

[sigh]

Quote from: bkoenig
How about a 5K, with stops every mile to shoot?

No.

VERY MUCH NO.    :angry:

I use a rifle so I don't HAVE to run after the guy!   

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:52 PM »
Everyone is coming tomorrow, right?  :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »
Everyone is coming tomorrow, right?  :)

They had better be!  If I'm out there at 7:15am building a stage, people had better be showing up to shoot it!

I also have a little advance knowledge of another stage---my stage on bay 6 is pistol/rifle, and the one on bay 5 will be shotgun/pistol/rifle with a couple of clay flippers in there to keep you awake during the shotgun part.  :)

...and that also means that at least one other stage will include shotgun (because we don't have a reason for the "5 shotgun slugs" requirement yet), and one other stage (not necessarily the same one) will include rifle (since we don't have any info on the 100 yard stage, but you know it'll include rifle.)

So---bring lots of ammo!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
Well, THAT was a different sort of match.     :o

Match results are up!

http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/2012/2012.htm

(See you guys next week for the last Multigun match of the year!)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
I had a great time! It was nice to finally use the rifle in a new setting. I just need to get a shotgun, so that I can start practicing the reloads. Everyone in our group had an AR. Hopefully we'll see some AKs/other platforms next weekend.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
I just need to get a shotgun, so that I can start practicing the reloads.

Nick, You know where there is a great shotgun. Allready set-up and ready to go.
Stop by Moeller Arms and check it out.  ;D
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
Everyone in our group had an AR. Hopefully we'll see some AKs/other platforms next weekend.

Why would you want to?  :)

I'll note that very occasionally you'll see an AK---but mostly not.  Not quite as accurate, slower reloads, harder to do anything other than run iron sights, more recoil---people just don't use them much.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
Why would you want to?  :)

I'll note that very occasionally you'll see an AK---but mostly not.  Not quite as accurate, slower reloads, harder to do anything other than run iron sights, more recoil---people just don't use them much.
I'm definitely an AR fanboy. While we all had ARs, not a single one was setup the same way! Eventually, I'd like to run the courses with other weapons.

I first need to save up and get some rifle mag holders, shell holders, etc, a shotgun, etc.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »
I'm definitely an AR fanboy. While we all had ARs, not a single one was setup the same way! Eventually, I'd like to run the courses with other weapons.

I first need to save up and get some rifle mag holders, shell holders, etc, a shotgun, etc.

:)  It is true that Rich's 3Gun shotgun setup (that he is selling) is a good one.

I'll also note that I started with a Rem 870 12 gauge pumpgun with an 18" barrel with no choke, and an extended mag tube.  Worked perfectly fine.  Yes, you can shoot a semi-auto faster---but reloading speed is the main thing on shotgun.  So a decent cheap shotgun works. 

If you are going for a semi-auto, the Mossberg 930 JM Pro is probably the best buy out there for a multigun shotgun, out of the box.

AR-mag pouches you can get anywhere---I like the plastic belt-mounted ones, but you'll see some people wearing tac vests, too.  $30 for the Blade-Tec or Comp-Tac belt pouches.

The shotgun shell holders, on the other hand, are absurdly expensive for pieces of molded plastic.  [sigh]  The good thing is that they don't wear out, but it is really annoying to have to spend that much money.

I used to get a picture of the gun rack during previous Multigun matches---it was always fun to look at all the different mods people have done to their guns.  Fun having a rifle you can customize in so many ways!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »
Last Multigun match of the year is tomorrow, folks!  Weather is supposed to be decent, so get your gear together and come out.

Remember---you'll need a minimum of 5 slugs for your shotgun again. (I think we'll be shooting some distant steel this time, instead of paper, though.)  And as before, bring lots of ammo overall.

See you at the range!

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
I'll be there.  :) Looove multi-gun.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »
Match results are up!

http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/2012/2012.htm

(And it just goes to show that one bad stage can ruin an otherwise decent match.  [sigh])

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
Best shotgun stage ever!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »
Best shotgun stage ever!

Shotgun stage was okay.  (Well, other than the reshoot I had to do.) Shooting the shotgun just isn't as fun for me as shooting rifle or pistol.

Stage 5, though----[sigh]  My rifle had a blown primer jammed between the bolt and the frame that locked it up completely after four targets.  I could still do the pistol part, but the rifle part....120 seconds in penalties.  Yay----29th out of the 30 people who had scores on that stage.

And today, I was the King of Reshoots.  Shot a LOT more ammo than I expected today, what with reshooting the 100-yard stage AND stage 6.

Not a great way to end the Multigun year.

Ah well----USPSA pistol next week!