< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Texas and Louisiana Petitions  (Read 4712 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Texas and Louisiana Petitions
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
Yes, whitehouse.gov is real.

The petitions from average citizens to secede their state is ultimately pointless however.  Sure, it expresses gripes with the current state of affairs, but it has no legal power. 

The state gov'ts are the ones that need to do the action.  They are the parties named in the Contract (Constitution), not the people.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
Oh, another note.

Quote from: some joe schmoe
I'm pissed and jumping without thinking and saying we should secede!

So... what form of gov't do you have planned ?  Are you going to keep the Constitution or attempt to draw up something better ? Do you have any idea how smart the founding fathers mother****ers were ? :)

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
Most likely a monarchy with Coach Tom as the first king.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
The petitions from average citizens to secede their state is ultimately pointless however.  Sure, it expresses gripes with the current state of affairs, but it has no legal power
I believe I pointed that out. This IS a form of protest.
So... what form of gov't do you have planned ?
The one we are supposed to have.

Offline ALiesveld

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
Are you going to keep the Constitution or attempt to draw up something better ? Do you have any idea how smart the founding fathers motherbuggerers were ? :)

The idea behind these secessions is that the federal government no longer abides by the constitution.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »
The idea behind these secessions is that the federal government no longer abides by the constitution.

They haven't for a long, loooong time.

I hold little hope that anything short of an all-out civil war will return us to anything resembling the Representative Republic as it was envisioned to be.   :(
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:35:45 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
Some of those petitions are a riot.....one of my favories so far is endorsing "Johnny Football" from A&M for the Heisman.....great use of out tax dollars and resources.....oh well back to the Gulag.....

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
The folks that signed these petitions gave the government their personal information. I'm worried that they'll all be at the top of the list for IRS audits/harassment.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
Thanks for your concern, but I`d bet a shiny silver dollar I`m already on a few lists.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
I'd be very wary about signing one of these things, with Obama's attack on Second Amendment rights, they might twist this issue as renouncing your citizenship, which means you won't legally be able to buy a gun!!!!

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Peacefully grant the State of Nebraska to withdraw from the United States and create its own NEW government

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-nebraska-withdraw-united-states-and-create-its-own-new-government/Jf5xVXrS

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
Thanks for your concern, but I`d bet a shiny silver dollar I`m already on a few lists.

I know of at least one list you are on....   ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
I'd be very wary about signing one of these things, with Obama's attack on Second Amendment rights, they might twist this issue as renouncing your citizenship, which means you won't legally be able to buy a gun!!!!

They are actually making it a lot more difficult to effectively renounce your citizenship. I don't think that these petition signatures would qualify.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »
Peacefully grant the State of Nebraska to withdraw from the United States and create its own NEW government

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-nebraska-withdraw-united-states-and-create-its-own-new-government/Jf5xVXrS
This petition was started a day after the one I note. Yes they have more signatures than ours, however I do have a problem that the guy who started it is from ND. Also, many who have signed it are from out of state. We have a guy from MI who signed ours also. Hoping that he is in the military or something which would allow him to maintain his state of res.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
This petition was started a day after the one I note. Yes they have more signatures than ours, however I do have a problem that the guy who started it is from ND. Also, many who have signed it are from out of state. We have a guy from MI who signed ours also. Hoping that he is in the military or something which would allow him to maintain his state of res.

From what I've heard anyone can sign any of the petitions.

All of them are a collasal waste of time, IMHO.

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
The petitions are only there to warrant an official response from the "Obama Administration."  No way in hell would they actually allow any of the states to secede in such a manner.  I signed because it shows that we are unhappy with the current state of affairs, and many of us would likely support a secession if it came to that.  They are not a waste of time, and I'm definitely curious how the administration will respond...although I'm sure it'll be some B.S. answer.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
Don't like MA or NY ?

Sign the petition to remove them from the Union !*%^)@!*$_)@!%*!_@)%*!@_)%*(

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
Just my .02, I don't think the time is right to be talking secession.  Is it a possibility down the road?  Yes, maybe, as a last resort.  But I don't think the country is lost yet.  Things will probably get worse before they get better, but I believe we can still right the ship.  I'm not ready to give up and write off a large chunk of America.  Secession would be a disaster for both sides.

I hope you're right.....but have my doubts. 'We the People' ain't what we used to be. I now have something in common with the First Sasquatch (aka Michelle Obama)- I am now ashamed of America.

I also think online petitions are as effective as online polls, that is to say less then zero.

Omaha is no paradise but things will have to get pretty ugly before I resort to moving to Iowa.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
I hope you're right.....but have my doubts. 'We the People' ain't what we used to be. I now have something in common with the First Sasquatch (aka Michelle Obama)- I am now ashamed of America.

I also think online petitions are as effective as online polls, that is to say less then zero.

Omaha is no paradise but things will have to get pretty ugly before I resort to moving to Iowa.

Pretty much my thought on this whole thing.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 09:27:57 AM »
Losing U.S. citizenship is more difficult than most think. As citizenship constitutes a right of birth, the law ensures that nothing short of court-tried treason and self-renunciation can result in the loss of citizenship. To lose citizenship, you must self-renounce voluntarily in a formal ceremony, in writing or in a self-aware act. Most cases of renunciation will prohibit you from regaining your citizenship in the future.

Read more: How to Lose Citizenship in the U.S. | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5663456_lose-citizenship-u_s_.html#ixzz2CaXe9Zku