< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ok, who is missing their spare 45 mag?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
Ok, who is missing their spare 45 mag?
« on: November 23, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/handgun-magazine-found-in-theater/article_c4a1dbe6-1f18-5edc-9b43-4c48c870926c.html

An employee of the SouthPointe Cinema found a magazine for a semi-automatic handgun in the theater Tuesday.

The magazine, which was loaded with a dozen .45 caliber rounds, was reported to the Lincoln Police Department at 2:40 p.m., according to the incident report.

Authorities are unsure where the magazine came from. No gun was found, Lincoln Police Capt. Martin Fehringer said.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Ok, who is missing their spare 45 mag?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/handgun-magazine-found-in-theater/article_c4a1dbe6-1f18-5edc-9b43-4c48c870926c.html

An employee of the SouthPointe Cinema found a magazine for a semi-automatic handgun in the theater Tuesday.

The magazine, which was loaded with a dozen .45 caliber rounds, was reported to the Lincoln Police Department at 2:40 p.m., according to the incident report.

Well, that leaves out you guys who shoot a single-stack.  :)

So who carries a full-size Glock 21 or XD 45?
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline sparky0068

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
taurus 24/7?
KD0LKT

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »
Well, if they REALLY wanted to know if it's a CCW holder's spare mag, they have all our prints .....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
a different news source said that it was found in the theater featuring the movie "skyfall".

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
a different news source said that it was found in the theater featuring the movie "skyfall".
66bigblock

I read that too.  I was at Soutpointe... watched Skyfall that day... and carried, but I didn't lose my magazine. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »
I carry a backup G21 13rd mag for my Glock 30's...... However I didn't lose my mag!

They better check with the FBI, they were the last ones to leave their spare mag laying around in a Lincoln business  :-)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
No Sparkyxxxx Mine are all accounted for, can't afford to go to the movies anyway.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »
No Sparkyxxxx Mine are all accounted for, can't afford to go to the movies anyway.

Seriously... $9.50 per person is friggin' ridiculous. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline NebraskaGunner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
Im thinking G21 as well. Thats a $20-25 mag, with probably another $5-6 in ammo.  Consider the cost of a movie ticket, snacks, and gas, that this guy is out like $60!!! poor smuck.
I sure hope he enjoyed the show.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
New question? Was the movie 'Red Dawn'? maybe the fella just got caught up in the movie and drew down on someone....
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
Im thinking G21 as well. Thats a $20-25 mag, with probably another $5-6 in ammo.

One dozen .45ACP personal defense hollow points would be more than 6 bucks, methinks .....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline NebraskaGunner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
One dozen .45ACP personal defense hollow points would be more than 6 bucks, methinks .....

You thinks correct. I was just trying to give the poor bastard the benefit of the doubt. 

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
I suppose if he's too not going to spring for a mag carrier, it is entirely possible he is not going to pay the dollar/pop price for Personal Defense Ammo, either.....

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
I dont live out east so it wasnt me and i havent been to a movie in over 2 years.   I'm not sure what south points policy on guns is.   But hopefully this one thing wont ban them.