< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any Beretta fans?  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
Any Beretta fans?
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »
PX4 .45 owner here.  Just grabbed another 10-round mag from Guns Unlimited with a box of 20 Speer Gold Dots today.  I bought mine used from the owner of 92fs.com ~6 weeks ago, and I love it.  It came with Trijicon night sights on it, so it is nice I don't have to spend money on that.

My dad owns a Taurus PT92, which is obviously not the Beretta, but its pretty much the same thing as the 92.  It was a fun gun to shoot, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to grab a 92 or M9 if I wanted a 9mm.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Any Beretta fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »
The only Beretta I have is my carbine, a CX4 in 9mm. It's one of my favorite guns.

Offline Bigtony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:22:03 PM »
I owned one up until today.  A 9000s compact 40 loved that little gun but a guy gave me enough money for it today and I couldn't say no.  Now I think I'm on to a springfield mil-spec. 

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
I've got a Beretta PX-4 SC 9mm.  Love it.  It will fire anything you put in it.  Over 1,000 rounds and never had a foul, jam, or misfire.  With the 13 round magazine it is the ideal carry weapon.  I wouldn't trade/sell it for the world.
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »
I love the Cougar line of beretta's    I am always on the look out for a mini- Cougar  in a .40  or .45

like this one   http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170884346

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 08:09:25 AM »
Never heard of them.  ::)

Fly

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »
Carried the M9 in the Army and bought a 92FS as soon as I could afford one after I got out.  Bone stock and very accurate.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »
Beretta Fan??    Of Course!!!!!!

[But Just Barely Enuf to Get Admitted to the Club.]

I've Got a Cute Widdle Beretta 21-A Bobcat Mouse Gun in .22 caliber.

Spits Out CCI Stingers like a Hissin' Kitty.   Fast as You Can Pull the Trigger.

However, it won't even cycle the weak stuff, like reglar Remington brass-case rounds.

I don't carry it or nuthin'.   [Better than a knife; worse than a .380.]   Just like to sit around and flip the barrel.

Had a Beretta Wannabe M9 Clone once.   Taurus PT-92A in 9mm.   Nice gun.   Gave it to my son when he got commissioned, USAF.   Son did the sensible thing and sold it.   Then bought a buncha Glocks.

So there you have my Beretta story.

Our Parish Priest has a Biretta.   That's something else.

sfg

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:53:53 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline senax

• NFOA Full Member
  • Trust, but verify.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 10:35:14 PM »
I've has a 92FS for years. It shoots nice and straight, but tends to FTF if I let it get dirty enough. (I know, I shouldn't.) Maybe polishing the feed ramp would help...

My only other gripe is that it's a bit bulky for a 9mm. I'm thinking about looking for a single-stack, something like a PPS or a Kahr.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
I just got a Kahr CW9, very slim, feels great in the hand, no safety to foul things up, a double action only trigger, and shoots straight. It is my new carry piece. Time to sell the Sig 228.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Eric

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »
Nope never heard of Beretta...if I want a decent European handgun I stop long before I get to Italy; in Germany, Switzerland, Austria....with the products coming out of these countries one doesn't need to go any farther south.

Offline RWNJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »
I have several Beretta and subsidiary firearms.  I also have a love-wait relationship with them.
I ordered a Cimarron (Uberti) 1872 Open Top, 7-1/2 bbl, original finish, .44 Colt that took 3 years, 1 month, and 11 days to arrive (it is beautiful and was worth the wait).
I currently have on-order a Beretta Px4 SC in .40S&W, DAO since May 19, 2007 (3 years, 3 months already).
I bought a Benelli MR1 last December, but am still waiting for the picatinny Tri-rail front end.

Now, the good news:
My Beretta Model 87 is a very good target pistol in .22LR (based on the old Cougar platform).
I have a Cimarron 1873 4-3/4 bbl, .45 Long Colt (a fun shooting machine).
I use a Benelli Nova pump 12-ga to hunt (but I never shoot anything).
I just gave away my Stoeger 20-ga STF-3000 (a Condor variant) to my son to try trap/skeet.

And, of course, my avatar shows my Beretta Cx4 Carbine in .45ACP with Moerse-Lekker barrel shroud, Harris bipod, and BSA red-dot.
Cynical, opinionated, and far to the right of conservative.

Offline RWNJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
I bought a Beretta 92FS this evening at Cabela's.  I appreciate the comments you all have made here about this pistol.  I don't know when I will get out to shoot it, though.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 06:26:20 AM »
I bought a Beretta 92FS this evening at Cabela's.  I appreciate the comments you all have made here about this pistol.  I don't know when I will get out to shoot it, though.

If you have a NE CCW permit, did they require you to have the gun registered with OPD before you took possession?

Just curious.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »
Cabelas is in LaVista, outside of Omaha's jurisdiction. No registration is ever necessary there regardless of which proof of background check you show them.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »
Cabelas is in LaVista, outside of Omaha's jurisdiction. No registration is ever necessary there regardless of which proof of background check you show them.

Didn't see the Cabela's part there...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RWNJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
They would accept my Concealed Handgun Permit, but I had them use my Firearm Purchase Certificate.  There is a line on their side of the 4473 that asks for an ID number (NTN).  This is not provided on the CHP, so it is more expeditious to use the FPC if you also have one of those.  Cabela's has never required registration with Omaha; they have always left that to the discretion of the buyer after the sale and transfer of possession.