< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bob Costa is right.  (Read 1451 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Bob Costa is right.
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
Bob Costas, you are right. Nicole Brown Simpson would be alive today if O.J. didn't shoot her with that knife.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/02/nbc-uses-nfl-murder-suicide-tragedy-to-make-plea-for-gun-ban-video/

Offline BluejayLaw14

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Bob Costa is right.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:34:04 AM »
I saw that. I thought it was a pretty weak argument, and the sanctimony dripping from Costas was unbelievable. Quoting an article someone else wrote verbatim isn't very persuasive. I also found the statement that they would still be alive if there weren't guns to be an incredible leap in thinking, especially concerning a suicide.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »
The gun world needs to jump on this.  Write NBC, write their advertisers.  Make them feel the heat.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work." -- L. Neil Smith
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
After all, it couldn't possibly be human beings that do the killing it has to be guns:

http://southwindsor.patch.com/articles/vernon-man-kills-woman-father-and-himself-in-wyoming-college-attack-7dbf3b67

Or knives, or bows and arrows. It must be something -- it couldn't possibly be someone.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
NFOA will be on Crash Davis' show at 4:15 on KFAB 1110AM this afternoon.  I'm headed up to the studio in a few and we'll be discussing Costa's comments. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
Is it possible to get a recording of the broadcast for the site/membership?

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
NFOA will be on Crash Davis' show at 4:15 on KFAB 1110AM this afternoon.  I'm headed up to the studio in a few and we'll be discussing Costa's comments. 

Good job Wesley. I listened online. As usual with most of his guests, you didn't get to say a whole lot, but what you did say was very concise, well stated, and very accessible.

Thanks for representing us all so well.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »
A suggestion to everyone - contact your local NBC affiliate and let them know how you feel.  Preaching to each other won't do any good.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Thanks whatsit.  You're right, it would always be nice to have more time, but we have to do the best with what we get.

Yes John, a copy of the show will be available on KFABs podcast site.  It will likely show up here: http://www.kfab.com/cc-common/podcast.html, but once they get it posted, we can put a link directly to the first hour segments that discussed Costa's comments.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
I LOVE how these people always claim that they are not against the Second Amendment and say they think people should be able to own firearms.  The problem is they continue to talk and expose that they have no understanding of the true intent of the 2A.  Costas said he sees no reason anyone should own a semi-automatic.  He said that these are firearms that ONLY the military or police should have.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:41 AM »
 :P Click the image to make it bigger.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »
 8) Click the image to make it bigger.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
00Buck: loved the pics, forwarded it to some family :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 01:53:37 AM »
00Buck: loved the pics, forwarded it to some family :)

Happy to share them!