< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Todays most stupid gun article...  (Read 819 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
Todays most stupid gun article...
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
Lets see how many inaccuracies we can find in this article...

Just like a scene out of "Antiques Roadshow," a woman in Hartford, Conn., turned in an old rifle to her local police station's gun buy-back, only to discover the gun was worth anywhere from $20,000 to $25,000. The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, inherited the gun from her father who had brought it home with him from Europe as a memento from World War II.

Read the entire article here:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/valuable-wwii-gun-police-buy-back-022155231--abc-news-topstories.html

66bigblock

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Todays most stupid gun article...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
So glad they didn't buy it and destroy it.  Kudos to the officers for that!

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Todays most stupid gun article...
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
My guess is it could fetch far more than the $25,000 price but the article is fairly accurate.  The Sturmgewehr was the original assault weapon (the article uses the term assault rifle but the press will never figure that one out).

Read a similar story the other day where someone had turned in a WW II Japanese rifle that has the morning glory on it, very valuable and rare for the model.  The police are trying to find a museum to place it in instead of melting it down.