General Categories > Carry Issues

How long to wait for CCW permit?

(1/51) > >>

grinch:
Just wanting to get some input as to how long i should wait before contacting the CID.  It has been 14 days since i applied.  The lady at troop a said they had hired a bunch more people and they were processing permits very quickly.  I know that it says they have 45 calendar days but i don't want to be like many others and call on the 45th day and magically its ready as soon as they print it off.  I thought about calling just to make sure that have all the necessary items and there isn't anything else they need.  At the same time i don't want to be an annoyance as i am sure many others call daily and find myself at the bottom of the pile so to speak.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

whatsit:
It's hard to wait. It's especially hard to wait for those that believe their lives are in immediate, direct danger (they are actively being targeted by a miscreant). Unfortunately, you have no recourse until day 45. You'll have to wait it out until then. I'm pretty sure it's a "will be processed in the order they are received" type situation.
The good news is that, lately, they've been processing them faster than 45 days. For a while it was well past the deadline that people would get their cards.
Good luck Grinch.

grinch:
thanks for the input.  i just hate having to wait.  i have been watching a mailbox like a little kid waits for santa claus.

whatsit:
I hear you. I'm not as good at waiting as I should be.

I would encourage you to start putting your system together, though. Find a good holster, get a good gun belt, find some clothing that will cover well. Take a training class (the course you just finished that lets you get the permit is not enough, IMO). Have fun, but above all please, please, please use common sense and be safe.

grinch:
I have already ordered all my stuff.  I have actually taken several classes while i was in college and am quite proficient with a firearm.  But i hear ya, practice and training are the most important. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version