< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone else into revolvers?  (Read 4650 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Anyone else into revolvers?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »
I have a couple of .357's in my collection, a Dan Wesson and a little Taurus pocket pistol.  I love both of them and they are great guns that I trust completely.  My wife is known to use either of these as carry guns (even the big ol Dan Wesson) because she hates failure to fire drills, just wants to pull the trigger and it go bang.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
I have a single revolver remaining in my collection, and its going nowhere anytime soon.  A 6 inch Colt Police Positive in 32-20 WCF.  The grips are too small for my hand, and ammo to expensive to buy very often, but it is a hoot to shoot.  My Dad gave it to me years ago.

OTOH I have been looking, informally, for a 38 snub in recent times.   It would be nice to have as a BUG in an ankle rig, and I have an odd affinity for the 38 cal cartridge for some irrational reason.   ;D

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
If you want a snubby I like my S&W 642 in .38 Special +P a lot.  Smith made a run of no-lock ones a couple of years ago and I snapped one up.  It has limited capacity but it's so light and small I can carry it anywhere, even when other guns just won't conceal.  I carry it when I go running and in the right holster I can't even tell it's there.  The rounded contours of a hammerless snubby seem to hide better than an automatic of similar size, and it's dead-nuts reliable unlike a lot of small autoloaders.  When I am wearing clothes that hide it I prefer to carry my full sized CZ 9mm, but the .38 gets it's fair share of use.

Years ago I owned a stainless Ruger Blackhawk in .357 with the 4 5/8" barrel and it was a really sweet gun.  Like an idiot I sold it.  I would really like a Ruger GP100, but it's a couple of notches down on the "next gun" list.  Definitely will be the next handgun I buy, though.

Sadly enough, I only own one other wheel gun at this time.  It's one of the most fun guns I have to shoot, but a horrible PITA to clean.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 09:16:57 AM »
my only revolver is a Ruger LCR, used pretty much only for CCW.  however, i might sell it (or just buy) a different CC gun, maybe a single stack or something.

i shot a 460S&W once at Thunder Alley, tons of fun.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
I had to google Ernie Chambers.

You'll get to know him soon enough......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.