< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My letter to Dick's Sporting Goods  (Read 1319 times)

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
My letter to Dick's Sporting Goods
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
If we all email them maybe they will do something about their incorrect policies.
I used my real name, location and phone number - just put the bogus stuff on here for privacy.

customer.service@dcsg.com

Hello,

I recently purchased a firearm at the Dick’s Papillion Ne store. During the purchase I was told that I had to wait for the NCIS check. I informed them that as a Nebraska concealed handgun permit holder
 I did NOT have to wait for an NCIS check as the BATFE has stated that a Nebraska CHP satisfies that requirement.
The employees REFUSED to accept my CHP and ran the NCIS check. Had I not already pre-paid for the firearm I would have told them that they just lost a sale. I don’t appreciate my time being wasted.

Here is the letter that the BATFE sent to ALL licensed firearm dealers in Nebraska. http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2011/04/042011-open-letter-to-nebraska-firearms-licensees.html
With this information I expect you to immediately educate your employees on the proper workings of the firearms sales laws.

I’d like for you to forward this on to whomever is responsible for employee education in Nebraska specific to firearm sales.

I also would like that person to call me so that I can be assured that should I ever decide to purchase from Dick’s again that I will NOT be harassed as I was a couple seeks ago.

Thanks,

John Doe
Anytown, NE
402-555-1212

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: My letter to Dick's Sporting Goods
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
I would have included the other misinformation they were handing out and the seemingly lack of firearm knowledge.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »
I would have included the other misinformation they were handing out and the seemingly lack of firearm knowledge.

One thing at a time :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Thanke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
Shopping somewhere else and telling others to as well may help. $$$ talks, and there are  lots of great places that will treat you right.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
Did you means NICS check vice NCIS (the TV show)?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »
Heck I'd take an NCIS check from Abby any day, but I digress....
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane