< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Piers Morgan falls apart 'interviewing' Larry Pratt ... teehee...  (Read 2915 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/12/19/piers-morgan-calls-pro-gun-advocate-unbelievably-stupid-dangerous-you

I'm not gonna synopsis/clip any of this article.  Just go read it :).  Don't have any coffee in your hand, you'll spew it all over your monitor :).

I'm sure most of you know Pratt's the pres of GOA.  Most of you know Morgan is rabidly anti-gun.

This was supposed to be an interview, but when the 'reporter' repeatedly calls his guest stupid/idiot/etc.. *cough* ... sure.

Anyhoo, Pratt naturally just utterly obliterates / destroys Morgan.

It's worth a read, and a watch.  I was rolling on the floor laughing.  Think I'll send GOA some cash this weekend :).

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Piers Morgan falls apart 'interviewing' Larry Pratt ... teehee...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:55:06 AM »
Is Piers Morgan even a citizen of the USA?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
No, he's not.  He pretty much got run out of England because he was fabricating stories over there.  And now, he's been implicated in the phone hacking scandal they have going on.  Last I heard the police over there want to talk to him.

He isn't even a journalist - he's a showboat who just generates controversy to try and drum up viewers.  The few times I've seen his show it's just been ridiculous.  If he has someone on he disagrees with he makes up false "facts" to support his argument and won't even let the other side speak.  When your argument consists of shouting down the other guy you know you've failed. 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:31:21 AM »
When your argument consists of shouting down the other guy you know you've failed. 

I believe that is how they reach the low information voters.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »
Falls Apart?  It sounds like he never had it together to begin with.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
Never cared for Morgan, always seemed too much like an opinionated talk show host.

I'm surprised he even dared to sit opposite of someone from GOA (or SAF)... those guys will make you look like a little school girl that just peed your dress. They're used to debating the issue and know all the facts/statistics... making them an anti's worst nightmare.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
I sent GOA some $$ and a note saying "thanks for the entertainment."

In other news, Alan Gottleib (SAF) got kinda ate up the other night. Anyone see that?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
wallace11bravo: got a link ? curious to see where things stumbled ?

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

Bill makes a further comment later.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
I saw that interview when it aired. Could not believe that Morgan was so aweful at doing an interview and that CNN would allow Morgan to have any air time.

Go here and tell CNN what you thought about Morgan's performance. (I even pointed out that I contacted the sponsor of that time period to suggest they had their money in the wrong place.) http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=generalcomments&hdln=4

I was also somewhat disappointed by Pratt (amid Morgans blustering) that he did not have a good response prepared to shut down what was certainly going to happen in this interview.  However Piers managed to make such a mess of things that I can see anyone having difficultly making a solid recovery.

Although most people have difficulty arguing a person's right to defend themself and some even willing to accept handguns acceptable (Bill Oreilly ....Oreilly Factor a few nights ago) there is always the need to condemn AR-15 type rifles (Oreilly seemed OK with defense and handguns, but not "AK-15"...yep, he made that mistake several times) due to their involvement in killings. It should be clear that bad guys have these weapons and good people should not be out-gunned.  There were question in many news cast (opinion sessions) and interviews that the general public has no need for these "military" ("assult" and other buzz-word jounalistic names) type guns. It seems obvious to me that people need the same defense as they may encounter. The police seem comfortable with AR-15 rifles (as seen on recent news crime scenes). It appears resonable to me that people (good guys) should have access to these rifles and practice with them to the necessary level of proficiency. The type of firearm and how many rounds it holds should not be an issue. The second ammendment is not just about defending ourselves and being regulated to certain acceptable firearms. That right right goes further than that and should not leave anyone out-gunned at any time.  Good guys are not a problem.
(I know...preaching to the choir). Point is that we should all have an easy answer to why we should have any certain firearm we may want and able to shut down any zealot with a smooth reasonable answer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:23:11 PM by SS_N_NE »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
Slight credibility issue.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm

A perfect example of self-righteous elitism.

nightraider717

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:35:40 AM by nightraider717 »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
Piers Morgan...an idiot! And I'm not just saying that because I have an opposing view.  I truly believe he is an actual idiot.  I have seen him several times, and he NEVER makes a valid point. 

Bill O'Reilly...I'm not so sure he is a friend to gun owners and a supporter of the 2A.  He seems to be one of those people who always says "I support the 2A", but then proceeds to say how it might be okay to start placing limits on it.  He is possibly more dangerous to our cause than a liberal spouting anti-gun rhetoric.  Many conservatives who are not gun people will listen to Bill while they will write off what they hear from someone who regularly espouses a liberal opinion.  Unfortunately, there are many conservative voters who put a lot of stock in what Bill says, and despite Bill's high opinion of himself, he gets quite a few things wrong.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 07:01:42 AM »
Bill says often that he doesn't think we need the heavy weapons...ARs and what-not. We can't count on him to be against an AWB.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:46 AM »
Bill O'Reilly is not a friend to gun owners or to people who value freedom.  He's just another big government statist.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 08:20:53 AM »
Just left a comment on CNN's contact us page:
How in the world does Piers Morgan still have a show on CNN?  I have never seen such a biased, ill-informed person masquerading as a journalist.  Shouting down guests that disagree with you is not debating, it's childish.  I for one will not bother watching such a sorry excuse for a "news" show.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!