< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Moving with Suppressor  (Read 2154 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Moving with Suppressor
« on: December 20, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
Well being a college student with more schooling after my Bachelor's degree is completed there is a very good chance I will move out of state within the next 2 years. I have wanted a suppressor and think a .22 suppressor would be a great place to start (and it gives me a reason to buy a .22 handgun). What is required when I move with a suppressor? I have done a little bit of digging around and some say fill out a 5320.20 and some say nothing is needed. 99% sure I will be in Colorado (going to be near Denver so I will live in a suburb with less restricting gun laws) where suppressors are also legal. So my big question is, what is required when moving to another state with a suppressor?

BTW Rod if you read this are you getting any .22 suppressors in? If so what kinds, because you will probably be my go to guy for this as well.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Moving with Suppressor
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »
After you make sure that your NFA item is legal where you move to, both state level laws and any local ordinances, verify that your trust is still valid in that state if you went that route.

Normally you would use ATF Form 5320.20 for change of address on NFA items.   It does not apply to suppressors, since your are not required to notify ATF.  But they request that change of address information.  If you chose to notify them of the new address you should use the 5320.20 for out of state moves.

I have several 22 suppressors in bound, a few Spectre II, Sparrow, Kodiak TL, Element II

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
Thanks Rod! Glad to see a Sparrow coming in, that one has been standing out to me.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
I have several 22 suppressors in bound, a few Spectre II, Sparrow, Kodiak TL, Element II

whoa, whoa, whoa.... Rod, you're a class 3 dealer?  since when?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
Just got Class III the end of November.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
Just got Class III the end of November.

nice!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
A Spectre II, Sparrow, Kodiak TL,  Element II and others have arrived.