< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Purchased a new pistol for CC today.  (Read 1257 times)

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
Purchased a new pistol for CC today.
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »
I stopped in at my at a local gun store today just to look around.  No ARs or Aks on the shelves, other than some .22lr dedicated ARs.  Didn't plan on buying anything, but a G19 caught my eye.  I was thinking about getting one of these for CC, but hadn't decided yet.  I have been wanting something with more capacity than the Kahr CW9 i have, but a little smaller than the Ruger P95 I have and without that external safety.   I hadn't ever actually pulled the trigger on a glock, and I was expecting the trigger pull to be similar to my Kahr CW9, which is a long heavy pull/travel IMO.  I prefer the SADA of my Ruger P95 over the Kahr(mainly I like the single action of the P95).  I was suprised at the trigger pull of the Glock though.  Not a lot of travel, and not a heavy travel like the Kahr.  I think I will like it.  And the salesman threw in a additional 17 round magazine as well.  $499 plus tax for a new G19 and an additional 17 round magazine.  It is a Gen3 but still, I think that's a decent price. 

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Purchased a new pistol for CC today.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
Not bad at all.  I have a 17 Gen 3 and love it.  The trigger pull will definitely not match a good SA but it's not bad.  I like the fact that when I pull the trigger it goes bang.  A huge plus for Glock is the uber wide range of accessories and parts that readily available. 
If you plan on carrying it, I recommend a good set of night sights :)