< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Car carry question  (Read 3749 times)

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Car carry question
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
Thats isnt quite accurate.  They didnt press charges because all they had was a grainy video of him drawing and they could not prove it was concealed.  It has nothing to do with wether or not you coudl see part of it, it just cast reasonable doubt as they have to prove he concealed it unless he admitted which he didnt thank god.

Wasn't there an incident in Omaha in the last year or two where a guy shot a robber in a gas station (kid with a shotgun) and didn't have a CCW.  However, somebody said they could see some portion of the gun and they considered it open carry and didn't press charges.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
Thats isnt quite accurate.  They didnt press charges because all they had was a grainy video of him drawing and they could not prove it was concealed.  It has nothing to do with wether or not you coudl see part of it, it just cast reasonable doubt as they have to prove he concealed it unless he admitted which he didnt thank god.

Thanks for the clarification.  I was just recalling from an article I read that was in my grainy memory.  :)
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »

I always wondered if the city attorney decided not to press charges because they knew that their office would be bombarded with criticism considering this was a righteous shooting.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum