< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Another twist to watch - Bullet tax  (Read 789 times)

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Re: Another twist to watch - Bullet tax
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »
Because someone intent on mass murder is always concerned with their bank account.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
Hmm, I like the line about ammo "degrading unless stored in proper conditions and humidors that criminals don't often have"...So some criminals do have humidors for their ammo?

Should I consider a humidor for my nearly 1,000 rounds of assorted ammo? Military ammo cans aren't good enough?

I wonder if this CT law would apply only to loaded ammo? They say "bullets" but I bet they mean loaded ammo......

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »
Politicians are so stupid.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »
Should I consider a humidor for my nearly 1,000 rounds of assorted ammo? Military ammo cans aren't good enough?

No, I'm not really sure what they meant by this, I think this is a typo or they just don't know what they are talking about.  I can't see how adding moisture to your ammo stores would be a good idea.  If anything you want to dehumidify ammo.  I think that those ammo cans are good enough.  I think there are certain temperatures that are best, but just don't store them in a place that will get to hot or to cold, and it will stay dry and I think you will be good for a long time. 

The sad part is that these are elected officials, and they think it would somehow be a good thing to make ammunition less affordable for law abiding citizens.  This is what folks in office are coming up with, come on. 

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
From the article in the OP: 

The idea of a bullet tax isn't totally original. In 1993, U.S. Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York proposed a 10,000 percent tax on one especially lethal type of bullet.

Really...a 10,000 percent tax.  :laugh: