< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 37mm launcher  (Read 1692 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
37mm launcher
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
i believe its legal to own a 37mm launcher for an AR15 in nebraska.  am i correct?

also, if i would get a 37mm launcher, could i also get it registered as a DD in nebraksa?  i think yes, but i want to make sure before i do anything.

robert
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 37mm launcher
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:58:23 AM »
The 37mm typical is a flare launcher and not a firearm, as are other flare launchers not firearms.  You could register one as a destructive device, but most of them are not built solid enough to shoot regular power shells.

You can buy or make a 40mm or other Destructive device.  Can buy the receiver across state lines through any FFL dealer then install the 40mm rifle barrel after registered, or just order a factory 40mm launcher through an in state NFA dealer.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
well i want to regirster my 37mm launcher because im gonna get a 12gauge shotgun (not right now, read on).  and i have a 12 guage flare adapter for my 37mm.  therefore when i buy that 12 guage, i would be inviolation of NFA cuz i COULD put those 12 guage shells in my launcher.

i just want to classify my launcher as a DD so cover my ass and not go to jail.  can anyone help with a trust?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
You might want to check with the manuf. of the 12ga insert to find out if it's safe to fire full power ammunition through thier adapter.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger