< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Here it is:  (Read 11886 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Here it is:
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
I wonder what, if anything, they have planned for all those NFA Trusts that have multiple owners with equal rights of ownership?

i would put my AR15's in my trust as SBR's not assault weapons.  at least you can keep your SBR and pass it on after you die (Form 5).  that is unless something stupid changes.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
I really don't think anyone has thought through the total collapse of the NFA registry that this addition of semi-auto rifles will cause.

Literally millions of new applications in a few days would crash the system, and effectively make it impossible to register a firearm, and since the unregistered firearm is already in your possession, probably creates millions of instant felons
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
I really don't think anyone has thought through the total collapse of the NFA registry that this addition of semi-auto rifles will cause.

Literally millions of new applications in a few days would crash the system, and effectively make it impossible to register a firearm, and since the unregistered firearm is already in your possession, probably creates millions of instant felons

+1,000,000
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
Or it could be a tactic?

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
Colorado CBI overwhelmed....    11,000 background checks backlog as of Friday - want more money/help to process application..

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22277119/colorados-crush-gun-checks-requires-more-money-officials?source=pkg

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
"'A tasty venison burger being necessary for the quality of a good cookout, the right of the people to keep and bear hunting/sporting weapons (that aren't too scary and that we say are ok despite our lack of actual knowledge) shall not be infringed.' Said no constitutional amendment... Ever." --TGS

Apologies, I hit modify instead of quote. Other than this I left it all the same :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:30:46 PM by wallace11bravo »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
"'A tasty venison burger being necessary for the quality of a good cookout, the right of the people to keep and bear hunting/sporting weapons (that aren't too scary and that we say are ok despite our lack of actual knowledge) shall not be infringed.' Said no constitutional amendment... Ever." --TGS

That is funny sh*t right there.

Anywho, thought this was a good read.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/this-is-not-1994/

Wondering if the old hands on here could lend an opinion as to its accuracy. I'm a bit to young to remember (I was 7).

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2013, 07:18:56 PM »
I found nothing in that article I could dispute ...  Good read
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
I just read this  awhile  ago.
http://www.infowars.com/high-school-student-suspended-for-writing-poem-about-sandy-hook-massacre/

Her poem spoke about the possible motivations that could have inspired Adam Lanza’s murderous rampage, but apparently that was ground not to be treaded on as the school suspended her for it and is threatening to permanently expel her.
Her school, the Life Learning Academy on Treasure Island in San Franscisco, Cali., saw the poem as a threat and said it violated their zero tolerance policy on violence.

That  school  is part of the San Francisco Unified School  District.  It is a public school with a fancy name.

Consider this.    By  allowing Christian  students to read their Bibles on  school buses, classrooms, or  other school property, or pray at school functions like games or graduation, etc..., the SCOTUS ruled that,  in affect, school board policies which "allowed" such activities were, effectively no different from Congress passing a law establishing or creating a state religion.    Got that?  You aren't smart enough to tell the difference between Congress and a School board.   Therefore, such  activities are "unconstitutional". 

Now, it seems, these quasi-congressional bodies CAN suspend the 1st Amendment:   
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;  or abridging the freedom of speech,..."

So, now it's a "twofer".   both the free exercise  of religion and freedom of speech are now illegal in public  schools, if the rulings of  school boards and principals  mean anything.  Both clauses have been  turned onto  their heads, making them mean  the exact opposite of the meaning of the plain text.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
Freedom of Speech hasn't existed in schools for quite some time... either by students or by staff.

http://www.uscourts.gov/EducationalResources/ConstitutionResources/LegalLandmarks/LandmarkSupremeCourtCasesAboutStudents.aspx
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Freedom of Speech hasn't existed in schools for quite some time... either by students or by staff.

http://www.uscourts.gov/EducationalResources/ConstitutionResources/LegalLandmarks/LandmarkSupremeCourtCasesAboutStudents.aspx
Just another reason why my kids won't be going to public schools. They won't be entered into the system for processing.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »

Oh I dunno, I guess it depends on which "side" you are on - there is an English Lit teacher back where I grew up that started a "Black Wednesday" to protest our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. He and his groupie students dress in black every Wednesday. Too bad I don't have kids and live back there - I'd have my kid lead a "Camo Wednesday" to show support for our troops.