< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Riddle me this - second amendment  (Read 1991 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
Riddle me this - second amendment
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »
As a group, what if we members of the NFOA were to declare ourselves a "well regulated militia"?

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Riddle me this - second amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
I want to be Field Marshal.

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »
Hum.... I don't think one would have to declare to really know. But as far as the whitehouse is concerned they would stoop to label these groups as combatants...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combatant

A combatant is someone who takes a direct part in the hostilities of an armed conflict. If a combatant follows the law of war, then they are considered a privileged combatant, and upon capture they qualify as a prisoner of war under the Third Geneva Convention (GCIII). An unprivileged combatant is someone, such as a mercenary, who takes a direct part in the hostilities but who upon capture does not qualify for prisoner of war status.[1]

And you would be correct to have a privy of knowledge 66  :-X

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
Google Michigan Militia, awesome website!
Then search out Nebraska Militia, They're even on Facebook. AND registered Nonprofits.!

Friend from Michigan turned me onto the first, then curiosity got to me and I started with the Google. 

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
Damn

Does that mean we'd have to Shave and get haircuts

and Wear Uniforms?.........(again)

(looks at his boots wondering if even Spit-shining them would ever make them shine again)

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »
I'll be the tactical toilet scrubber.

Honestly though, do not like this idea. This plays into the notion that somehow the 2A applies only to militias.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Keeping with Heller:

The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Prefatory clause (announcing the purpose and intent)
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state

The operative clause (Who and what)
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
You forgot the Pause

the right of the people to keep and bear arms
Pause
shall not be infringed.

Do they issue Stamps for Tow missile launchers ?
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Yes, BUT
 mi·li·tia   n.
1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.

As far as I am concerned, Militia, as referred to in the 2nd Amendment, refers to ordinary citizens of a nation, armed and ready to, at a moments notice, defend that nation, (not necessarily it's government) against any enemy, even if that enemy is it's own tyrannical government.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." — George Mason

The militia is the people.  It can be organized or not.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:19 PM »
The Militia is composed of free Citizens. There is therefore no Danger of their making use of their Power to the destruction of their own Rights, or suffering others to invade them.

Samuel Adams, to James Warren, January 7 1776

Offline 50cal

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »
Just a shot in the dark, but I think Militia will be translated to insurgent. Prime target of opportunity for a drone with a missile.

A-FIXER

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
Just a shot in the dark, but I think Militia will be translated to insurgent. Prime target of opportunity for a drone with a missile.

If that proves true...... then as you can read or watch any blog or video  what some fear will transpire,
      then the real understanding is that there is no safe place for those elected officials at Washington/local states or there families regardless of their locations, as to quote another unknown author '' alls fair in love and war' to those who have betrayed the U.S. Constitution, What outrage would the people of the U.S. or media say or do that could justify attacking US citizens and if they do then only anarchy would exist.... who would want to live in a land such as this. Freedom is and has been won with the blood of our brothers and spills yet today, and again it may require of those who desire freedom to prove it on the soil of this land, for the future of Our Children and their children and that the greatest generation just did not exist in WW II.......

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »
could justify attacking US citizens

The Al-Queda mouth piece that was assassinated a couple years ago... was an American Citizen.  Assassinated by our own military.  American Citizen.  I have a problem with this.

There's plenty in the NDAA's and Executive Orders and recent stuff that ... well... should make anyone's blood boil.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

A-FIXER

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »
I agree
The Al-Queda mouth piece that was assassinated a couple years ago... was an American Citizen.  Assassinated by our own military.  American Citizen.  I have a problem with this.

There's plenty in the NDAA's and Executive Orders and recent stuff that ... well... should make anyone's blood boil.

B.