< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Peaceful march at the State Capital for 2nd Amendment  (Read 15923 times)

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Peaceful march at the State Capital for 2nd Amendment
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
Political rally = no carry if I recall correctly.

You recall correctly. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline sattv4u

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »
Waiting to see who the Nebraska organizer is...I'm going to be there for sure...I have no excuse not to be.

Offline dougusafsp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
Correct on no open carry at a rally. I say we all meet on the steps of the main enterance on the North side of the building. Rally starts at noon. If people like we could meet at a resturaunt for breakfast and walk to the Capital Building. Just a thought. Any ideas post them here and maybe we can get this working with out an official organizer.
U.S. Air Force Security Police 1987-1994

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »
maybe people who want to join can start with a breakfast and walk there together?  or a post rally meal?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »
good ideas all and thank you for knowledge of open carry at rally. Banners and signs will be a must or some good ole culpepper/gasden flags might be fun also. Might be more of a statement if we did meet somewhere for food or coffee and then march to the capitol steps.

Is there a way we can someone from the NFOA bring some T-shirts and we can all wear one, im more than willing to bring cash to purchase mine.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:22:28 PM by wusker »

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
A thought I might add. Would be a good idea to maybe meet and carpool to within a block or so of the capitol.  And I happen to be looking at my Gadsen as we speak. I'll have to find a mast for it.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »
I'll be there with an NFOA banner
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline sattv4u

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Guns Across America now has a Fb link for nebraska
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:11:28 PM by sattv4u »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »
Hitchcock45 gave the following suggestions, except the first ....

First, in Nebraska,  concealed or open carry is not permissible on the Capital grounds or at Political rallies.   Leave your weapons in your car. 

Second, if you bring signs then BE SURE you keep the statement short, clear, and concise.  Use BIG print to make it easy to read from a distance of at  least 50 ft, because not everyone will be 3 feet from your sign.  Put your sign  on a pole  that is tall enough to move the sign above the viewpoint of all behind you.   AND ABOVE ALL, DO NOT MISSPELL a word or use poor grammar  on your sign.  If you do then you WILL end up on TV looking like an ignorant fool, and that will be used by the media to smear all the rest in attendance.

Third, dress casual or business.   This isn't an "Occupy" event.  Come with a big plug of chewing tobacco in your mouth and spitting on the ground or  where ever and you'll end up on the news as an "example" of the rest of us.  The nearest PUBLIC restrooms with  any capacity will be a block North  of the North Side of the State Capital, at the State Office Building.  Enter on the East or West  side. The restrooms are located at the center of the hallway which connects the  East  and  West entrances.    If those on the first floor are full you can take an elevator or stairs to the floors above, which all have restrooms in the same relative locations.   There will be an empty stall or urinal in one of them.  There may be one in the basement as well, I don't remember though because if there is I never used  it.

Fourth, If you see someone trying to be part of the protest but they are dressed like rednecks and have crappy, poorly spelled signs then  ask them to leave or at  least  dispose of the sign.   They could be folks wanting to make the rally look bad, especially if they want to provoke an argument or even a fight with you.  They could be plants ... just like what occurred at some of the Conservative political  rallies.

Fifth,  DON'T LITER.   Take out what you brought in.  We aren't occupying anything.  We pay  the taxes that employ the public employees  who  clean  up behind events, but we  don't want to give anyone an excuse to compare  us to other protest  rallies.

Sixth, EXPECT counter protesters.   DON'T argue with them.  Don't even  talk to them.   Keep a good distance from them.  If they insist on standing in your face walk toward the center of the rally crowd.   Above all, stay out of their faces and let your signs do the talking, but DO NOT push  your signs into their faces.   You won't change their minds and they won't change yours.   Don't be verbally abusive or threatening to any of them, that's assault.  Don't touch any of them, that's battery.   Don't  even make silent "finger guns"or other intimidating actions.    Your actions will end up  on the news and make the rest of us look bad.   Also, don't let anyone sucker you into a  Liberal vs Conservative political argument.  This rally is about the UNALIENABLE Right we  have  under the 2nd Amendment to both protect ourselves from the criminal element and from a government gone rogue, and to protest attempts  to change or nullify the 2nd Amendment without the due process described in the Constitution.    The Constitution is NOT just "our little book".  It's the law of the land for everyone, and some people want to take it away from  you, one piece at  a time.

Seventh.  IF you own a video camera with  good quality and sound then bring it and be ready to film the interesting points of the rally, or any provocations, including actions of the police.   Smartphone videos are second best, but are usually too poor in quality.  Regardless, if you see something happening that should be recorded then record it with what ever you have.  YOUR vantage point may be the one that answers all the questions or refutes all  the wild claims or accusations.

Eighth and last ,  don't  walk around looking like a sheep heading for the slaughter.  Have a good time talking with fellow supporters of the Constitution when official speakers are not talking.

I am 71 years old.  In  my entire life, in my own country, I never thought I would EVER have to attend a  rally to  defend the Constitution of the United States of America.  This is  it, folks.  NO OTHER issue means as much as this one.   All of the Amendments to our Bill of Rights and our personal liberties have suffered SERIOUS erosion during the last 30 years.  If we lose this battle for the 2nd Amendment then what is left of the rest of the Bill of Rights and the  Constitution isn't worth the paper they are written on.   An armed person  is a citizen.  A disarmed person is a slave.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:49:41 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Great post GreyGeek

I am pointing to it from Facebook so all my friends can read it even if they are not NFOA
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
In other news:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/50443875/#50443875

The media is tearing us apart, one inarticulate talking head at a time. This was a massacre.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »
I'll be there with an NFOA banner
I don't have a NFOA banner but I can wear my NFOA shirt :laugh:

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
In other news:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/50443875/#50443875
It's easier to prove someone wrong than prove something is right. Especially if they don't let you finish your sentences or thoughts. I don't like when anyone interviews like that, but it happens every interview. That's how it is when you want to prove them wrong.  :-\

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:17:36 PM by Jutty »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »
I don't like when anyone interviews like that, but it happens every interview. That's how it is when you want to prove them wrong. 

That's because the Left  wing media doesn't want a debate or a  discussion.  They  want a lecture, with them doing all the lecturing.    Talking with the media isn't a discussion,  it is an interrogation under hot lights.   You are at their mercy.  They control the environment, they've made  up the questions they will ask in  advance, they know what answers they will allow and will talk over you, i.e., Piers  Morgan style, to keep you from maintaining a coherent line of reasoning.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
I have never gone to a political event in my life. This one is worth it.  I will be there.  I would love to buy a NFOA shirt to wear at the event.  Can someone bring some? XL is my size if someone can.  I think some of my other t-shirts would work against us as they can be seen as antagonistic.  An NFOA shirt would be a much better choice.  Where else could I get one?
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
I have never gone to a political event in my life. This one is worth it.  I will be there.  I would love to buy a NFOA shirt to wear at the event.  Can someone bring some? XL is my size if someone can.  I think some of my other t-shirts would work against us as they can be seen as antagonistic.  An NFOA shirt would be a much better choice.  Where else could I get one?

Check  with Moeller Arms.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
Yes, I have some NFOA shirts at the shop

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »
I am South of Lincoln.  Anywhere down this way?  If not, can I buy one from you at the rally?
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »
Yes, I have some NFOA shirts at the shop
Is there a way Rlmoeller you can bring some and we can pm you our sizes and pay for them that day. At least 3 of us here would buy and wear them, I am an XL also.

Offline Supersparky

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
Does anyone local have any smaller Gadsden flags?  I have a 3X5 that hangs at my house, but might be a little big to take to Lincoln.  I am looking for maybe 2X3 or a little smaller.  I can order one online, but I am not sure it would be here in time and they are probably getting mobbed with orders right now also.  Thanks in advance.