< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Good customer service from S&W  (Read 1196 times)

Offline ckspeed

• Powder Benefactor
Good customer service from S&W
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »
Just passing on some good customer service I've received so far from Smith & Wesson regarding my Sigma SW9F (1st gen - 9mm).

I've had intermittent fail-to-feed problems with this gun since new, found some ammo would work better than others but nothing solved the problem. I've put up with it for years and have just been shooting other guns I own instead.  I had thought about trading this one off, but nobody will give me much for it, so I just keep it around for no good reason. Anyway, went to Big Shots the other day and decided to dust it off, had multiple jams after the first full mag, 2-3 per 17rd mag thereafter, so I'd had enough.

I called S&W and asked wtf I was supposed to do with this paperweight I own. The customer service guy asked what the problem was and I discussed my numerous failures with him, describing multiple brands of ammo, several different mags, etc, etc.  He asked what the SN was, but I didn't have it on me, so he asked when I bought it to get an idea of what model it is, and I told him about 1994 or so, when they first came out. He told me to send it S&W for service as it's a lifetime warranty, they'd get it fixed or make it right with me, one way or another.  He said they'd send out a pre-paid FedEx mailer with insurance, and all I'd have to do it box it up with the mags and send it back. They'll pay for freight back to me, insured, and can generally turn it in 2 weeks. He asked if I had an email address, which I do, and if it was okay to email the shipping label. Sure enough, later that evening the shipping label email showed up in my inbox. So, tomorrow, off to the mfg it goes for repair.

Now I realize it's probably not a big deal, and maybe all the mfg's are this way, but I felt good about it.  I was impressed by the customer service rep, I didn't have to sit on hold all day, and Smith & Wesson offered to fix it under warranty without hesitation, no proof of purchase or SN required. Much different than anything else I own, non gun related.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Good customer service from S&W
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
I have heard good about their customer service but haven't had to use it on any of my Smiths (yet)

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
Re: Good customer service from S&W
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »
Their CS really is great. A buddy bought a used M&P and there was a TINY crack on the slide. He sent it into them and they replaced the whole thing for free. Even paid shipping both ways.