< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Dave Nabity (Omaha Mayor Candidate) posted this on facebook today.  (Read 1500 times)

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member

That pretty much sums up his position IMHO.   :D

Disclaimer:  Dave's a close friend of mine and I'm supporting him wholeheartedly in his run for Mayor.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Dave Nabity (Omaha Mayor Candidate) posted this on facebook today.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
Maybe if we all have our kids write letters to the President about their fears of drunken doctors with stanley hammers we can get some real action.  ;) 

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
I've been trying to find the sources for those statistics, anyone know where they got the numbers?

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
Maybe if we all have our kids write letters to the President about their fears of drunken doctors with stanley hammers we can get some real action.

The only way you'll bet any traction with that is to have a compliant media put those kids behind Dave in a photo op...... can you say, "Snowball's chance in the hot place."?   Not gonna happen.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
A little good news on a Thursday(for Omaha, anyway)... Ashford is in last place for fundraising.

Click on picture to enlarge it.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
I've been trying to find the sources for those statistics, anyone know where they got the numbers?

Looks like they used the FBI statistics.  Very interesting info.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

Also, the "rifle" statistic is for all rifles, so the evil black rifles are even a smaller subset of the rifle number.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
Looks like they used the FBI statistics.  Very interesting info.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

Ah there it is, I was having trouble finding in on the FBI site, thanks!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:58:49 PM by lneuke »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
Sadly Dave (nor Jean Stothert) doesn't have a chance in that Union infested/infected city.....
He'd be my pick to replace Heineman (who is term limited out), but the Repubican establishment will never back him....

Offline CanUCatchMe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »
I had the opportunity to meet Dave Nabity this evening and although I am no friend of politicians I thought he explained his positions very well without using the usual "generalities".  I hope he gains traction...he's the only NON-politician running for Mayor.  I also pulled him aside to ask his views on the current gun hysteria...I felt even better about him when he said he and his wife were signed up for a CCW class. 

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Stothert may have a chance. Nabity won't win in the general. He's a bit radioactive after the failed recall of Suttle.