< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 22lr and 556 at Dick's Westroads  (Read 1402 times)

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
22lr and 556 at Dick's Westroads
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I know ammo is short around town right now, so I thought I would pass this on to the members here- As of 1-18-2013 at 12:00, Dick's at the Westroads had some 556 Independence (made in Israel, imported by Federal) for $9 per 20rd box. Daily limit of 6 boxes is in effect there.  They also had bulk 22lr (Winchester M22) at $109 per 2000 with an included storage box.  They also had a variety of 22lr in smaller qty.
Might be a good idea to call ahead, but as of the time I post this, there is definitely some there.
I hope this helps some folks who may be empty handed due to the dry spell.
-Mike

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: 22lr and 556 at Dick's Westroads
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
I am boycotting DICK"S because they are  dicks
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:52:19 PM »
I agree with Dan I will not support a store that sells weapons but will call themselves a "sporting goods" store and wont support our constitution, I dont care if its walmart or Cabelas. My **** list includes Walmart, cheaperthandirt, and Dicks. those are the only major retailers around here that have pulled wepaons from their shelves

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:56:31 PM »
Uh...last i checked walmart still had plenty of firearms in their display cases.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
I am not sure the Walmart case is true, but Dick's sold a large number of AR15's on black Friday special pricing, allowed backorders, then reneged on all the deals after Sandy Hook and then tried to blame the manufacturer for it, all in the name of AR15's are bad.

The manufacturer had an exclusive deal with Dick's to sell their rifles and Dick's blew them off, cancelled the contract on a weekend, and left the manufacturer with no retail outlets and a bunch of pissed off buyers
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
Uh...last i checked walmart still had plenty of firearms in their display cases.
Interesting- I had to Google the subject to see what was going on:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/12/18/dick-s-sporting-goods-to-pull-guns.html
I can't stomach most of the press, so I admit my head is in the sand too often.
  That is pretty ridiculous, so I can see your perspective(s). Another example of bad decisions that place emotion & politics before logic.  The head Dick must indeed be a D***Head.
-Mike