< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: H.R. 226- Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act  (Read 1008 times)

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Found this earlier today. Evidently up to a $2000 tax credit spread over two years IF you surrender your equalizer.

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/226/text?q=h.r.%20226

Some things that kinda jumped out at me are

Section (b) Special Rules  (1) "Weapon must be lawfully posesed"   I guess that leaves out the bad guys.

Section (c)       I'll let you decide on this.

Section (c) Subsection (L)         This make me cringe.

Section (d)      Might only last for 2 years?

What do you all think?

\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Saw this yesterday as well.

It's an interesting take on getting people to give up weapons.

So far it seems to be voluntary afaik....
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
Like you said, must be lawfully owned.  So all you good law abiding firearms owners, we will give you money to take these dangerous things that you can't be trusted with off your hands.  Criminals though, don't even think about it, you keep yours. 

I would never hand them in though, even if I could use the tax credit to purchase other firearms.  Just can't stand to see firearms going into the hands of criminals.  Not to mention how many could accidentally be "reallocated" to drug cartels in Mexico. 

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
If the AWB should pass, (doesn't seem likely at this point) prices will skyrocket and this tax credit spread over 2 years will be NO incentive.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
I find it interesting that there appears NO attempt to ban or abscond true machine guns.....