< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Unique Training Opportunity for Women  (Read 2381 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Unique Training Opportunity for Women
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »
The Omaha Longbeards Chapter of WITO
and
The Nebraska Firearms Owners Association
presents:

Ladies Only 2-day Handgun Course
By Kathy Jackson (Cornered Cat)
http://www.corneredcat.com/

April 20th and 21st, 2013
At the Lincoln Izaak Walton League

Email  OmahaWITO@gmail.com  for more details.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Unique Training Opportunity for Women
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
Glad to see this class here!  Kathy Jackson is a nationally renown instructor. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
The ladies in charge are expecting tis to fill fast as they already have quite a bit of interest. So jump in ASAP!
And I have it on good authority there will be some AWESOME FOOD catered in!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:41 AM »
The ladies in charge are expecting tis to fill fast as they already have quite a bit of interest. So jump in ASAP!
And I have it on good authority there will be some AWESOME FOOD catered in!

Catered food?!?!?!  Jeez!   :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:46 AM »
I take care of me ladies ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »
Pretty sure my wife is in.  She's just finishing her book. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
CorneredCat at the Lincoln Ikes. -some Thank Yous
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
I (and my son) had the great honor of helping out this weekend.
I got over my initial bout of being a bit starstruck (I've been following Kathy for alot of years) after talking to Kathy and realizing, she's just one of us. ;)

The NFOA provided lunch both days for the gals and RSOs .

I want to give an extra shout out to Phat Jacks BBQ  ( http://phatjackslincoln.com/  ) for today's (Saturday) plates of "Award Winning" BBQ goodness!  Phat Jack (aka Matt) is a 2A supporter, an avid shooter and a NFOA member. They gave us one heck of a deal for this event.  Please stop in if you are ever in Lincoln on Cornhusker Street (just north of the stadium) and say HI .

Tomorrow, HyVee will be delivering a (more diet friendly)  Roasted Chicken and fixin' lunch. (Yeah, I treat m' ladies well). They were gracious enough to give the NFOA a bit of a discount.  So sending thanks to  Lisa with the Catering Dept. at the 84th Street store.

I also want to send Kudos to the ladies that attended the course (braving the relentless cold winds on the range) .  It warms my cold heart to see these gals investing the time and money to advance their knowledge and skills to defend themselves and family.  (Many of us fellas could use to follow suit)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:56:52 PM by NE Bull »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
And NFOA owes NE Bull a great deal of thanks for all the work he has done to promote women's self defense programs in Nebraska
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »
 :-[ Aw Shucks.  :-[

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
NE Bull,

Thanks!   

There Dan W.  It's done.  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
My wife just got back from this class an hour or so ago.  Yeah, thanks Bull......She won't shut up about this class.   She's been giving me play-by-play of the whole day's activities.  It's gonna be like this for two days.  I've created a monster and you all have made it worse.

Seriously though, thanks for putting this together.  She had a great time and learned a ton from someone more patient than her jerk of a husband.  She's had nothing but good things to say about the class.   

Offline Nnylrac

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
This was truly the experience of a lifetime!  I learned soooo much and had a great time doing it.  Kathy is one heck of a trainer/teacher.   It was worth every penny.  (even while freezing our rear ends off on Saturday).  I am sooooo glad I was able to be a part of something so awesome!  I was pretty proud of myself and all the ladies I took the course with.  Young and old, experienced and not - we all learned plenty. 

Thank you to the NFOA for providing the tasty lunches.  Jeremy did a GREAT job and we were so thankful for it.  Hungry and tired and cold by lunch time on Saturday - the hot meal was so appreciated!  Sunday was better as far as weather and the lunch was really great as well.   (especially the desert  :laugh:) Jeremy deserves a huge pat on the back!

Also kudos to Women In The Outdoors for bringing Kathy to us!  If you ever get a chance to take a class or read Kathys book....dont hesitate!  She is a wealth of information.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Pic of Gals with Guns.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
A great group of gals I would not want to be on the wrong side of.
That being said, I would appreciate any of these gals on my side in any self defense event.   8)
I would like to send kudos to Karen and the Women in the Outdoors Omaha Longbeards Chapter and Kathy Jackson for making this happen and allowing the NFOA to be a part.

Ladies, you are welcome to check in if you were there.
(For security purposes, we have promised not to "Tag" anyone)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:21:38 PM by NE Bull »

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
I recognize one of the women in the front row.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »
I recognize one of the women in the front row.

Did you see her photo at the police office?

Fly

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »
No, much worse.  She was my lab partner in a college class.  She showed her lack of good judgement by dating me and then marrying me.  She needs to be stopped.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 09:19:55 PM »
No, much worse.  She was my lab partner in a college class.  She showed her lack of good judgement by dating me and then marrying me.  She needs to be stopped.

I'm surprised she passed the background check.   ;D

Fly