< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: About the CHP and guns  (Read 1067 times)

Offline springfield40

• Forum Member
About the CHP and guns
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:26:59 PM »
Okay, I am new to Nebraska and as soon as I can establish residency, I will be getting my CHP.  I currently have my CCW for California, and California law stipulates that my carry gun(s) be listed on my CCW and registered with the Department of Justice.  I am also limited to 4 weapons to the permit, and as I mentioned, all must be listed on the permit. 
Now that I live here in Nebraska, will I need to list every weapon I intend to carry on the CHP, or does it allow me to carry any weapon I choose.  Withing reason of course.

Frank

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: About the CHP and guns
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
No list required

ETA  CHP only applies to handguns, not Knives
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: About the CHP and guns
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »
Also look into a waiver of residency requirement if you already have a valid CCW from another state

69-2433. Applicant; requirements

If an applicant is a new Nebraska resident and
possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun issued by his
or her previous state of residence that is recognized by this state
pursuant to section 69-2448, such applicant shall be considered a
resident of this state for purposes of this section;

from LB807 last year
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.