< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My two rifles  (Read 1803 times)

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
My two rifles
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
I don't own to many rifles yet but these are the two that I have recently got.

First one is my AK-47 just got this one in November and the other is a Ruger Mini-14 I got for my birthday in October.  I love shooting both of them.

AK-47 Chinese

Ruger Mini 14
ZERO PLANNING ON YOUR PART CONSTITUTES AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: My two rifles
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Is that Chinese AK on a B-West receiver?  If so, I would suggest doing a little research on it. Some didn't have heat treated receivers which can cause problems over time. 

Just FYI, my Norinco's are my favorite AK's.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
It's a Poly-Tech.  Although I would like to do more research on it.  I'm not even sure the year of the gun.  I do know from what I read that is a pre ban gun so I think it was made in the 80s but not sure.  I know that my Mini 14 was made in 1981 since I was able to look up the serial number online but I haven't found a place to look up the serial numbers on my Ak.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
I got my first AK the day after the election from Moeller Arms. I loove it. It's got 1981 stamped on the side. I haven't done any research. It's an Interarms built from a Russian kit,

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
Awesome I haven't even shot mine when I bought it in november I got it with 1000 rounds and still haven't shot it LOL.  I have my Mini 14 and I love shooting it it's a neat little rifle and I wish there was a range here that I could shoot it at that was close I have asked a couple of farmers that have pastures and a lady in Cambridge and all have said call and I could go shoot anytime.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:22 AM »
Poly-tech is top notch guano. The Poly-tech legend is the best Ak, period. You've got a good AK man.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline instag8tr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »

Poly-tech is top notch guano. The Poly-tech legend is the best Ak, period. You've got a good AK man.
Although Polytech are good AK's they are not the end all be all.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
Although Polytech are good AK's they are not the end all be all.
IMHO the Polytech were much better guns than they were given credit for back in the hayday of Chicom imports. Wish I had bought a few. Polish and Yugo AKs are a cut above as well. Romanian's not so much.

Offline instag8tr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
IMHO the Polytech were much better guns than they were given credit for back in the hayday of Chicom imports. Wish I had bought a few. Polish and Yugo AKs are a cut above as well. Romanian's not so much.

Don't get me wrong I like chicom's all day. Romanian rifles are good to go also. I have a couple of romy G's which are outstanding AK variants. Russian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian are pretty much cream of the crop. Yugo's which are one of my favorites are great battle proven rifles built like a tank. But that is the reason some dont like them due to heavier weight along with non chrome lined barrels. Polish rifles are also superb and some put them above the Bulgarians and Hungarians.