< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: All lubed up and no where to go  (Read 955 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
All lubed up and no where to go
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
Was charging my case lube pad...

Lube wasn't coming out of the bottle...

Squeezed harder... top came out of the lube bottle, goosh.

Now instead of a case lube pad, i have a case lube pool....and over sweat shirt and erf.

It's now sitting in a level place for me to finger lube cases up for prolly a year until the pad becomes usable again heh.

Grrrr :P

Did fiddle with the Lee Perfect Powder measure to load the 11 rounds I was doing... but not enough to form a review yet.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: All lubed up and no where to go
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
I did that the other day, tumble lubing some bullets with Alox.  The nozzle was plugged up so I squeezed just a little harder....

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:05:59 PM »
I can't say as I have ever had that problem ...... I use Lee's lube in a tube and thin it 4:1 w/ warm water...... when I use lube at all......

Most of my rifle reloading is done with collet neck sizing dies, and all the pistol stuff is carbide.....

I guess you could say the ground mica I use w/ the collet dies is a lube ..... sort of.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:08:33 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
Lube in question was some RCBS case lube 2.

Was doing 30-30 rounds, which being lever action, it's suggested to full length resize due to lever action goodness vs bolt etc.... thus.... lube.

Also used the ultrasonic cleaner for the brass... I really need to get the RCBS 3L ultrasonic soon heh.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D