< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: HELP GET MY WIFE ON BOARD!  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: HELP GET MY WIFE ON BOARD!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:18 PM »
I took a friend to the BH Friday, a little after 100P, to look at what they may have had in the way CC firearms. (not much) There was hardly room to walk around once you got through the front door.  All lanes were occupied and at least 10-12 folks milling around with their range bag waiting for their number to be called.  Unless I was there at a bad time, is the BH that busy now days? 

UPC sorry i haven't been there enough my self to tell you
But I'd bet being it was around Lunchtime
Several were there to try to shoot off a few rounds like those who play Golf.

But the few times I've been in there on Saturday mornings 10am + it was like that  range full and 10 or 12 waiting for their turns.

Shows there is a real need in the Omaha Area for another indoor range or two.

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
There is a series of youtube videos about such things.  The crew reenacts real life self defense events with the actual victims.  Anyone remember the name of the group?

It may be this. Here's the link

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,1866.0.html
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
How to get your wife to carry

Why:

and one witness to  this thought she would "block the door and call 911"

Offline SHEP

• NFOA Full Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »
I really appreciate the replies. I dont go to the BH, by choice. I prefer the solitude and fresh air of the ENGC. Too many numbnuts surrounding me gets distracting.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
It may be this. Here's the link

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,1866.0.html

NO NO NO SBARRY!  We are trying to bring her into our world. Not scare her and send her to therapy!
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

A-FIXER

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
NO NO NO SBARRY!  We are trying to bring her into our world. Not scare her and send her to therapy!

Is this an example of don't do that '' BECAUSE I KNOW BETTER'' sometimes the Truth is just the right way to put Fear behind you.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:27 PM »
I really appreciate the replies. I dont go to the BH, by choice. I prefer the solitude and fresh air of the ENGC. Too many numbnuts surrounding me gets distracting.

I can understand that ......But the question is does your wife enjoy it.

Or would she fell better inside not dealing with the cold, wind, dirt and bugs of most outdoor ranges.
maybe she would enjoy it more  and do better in a diffrent shooting environment.

Unless you've already tried it.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:57 AM »
Whether a person believes we "need" a 30 round mag or not, they're not going away, no matter how illegal .gov makes them.  There are millions in existence already.  More will certainly cross our incredibly porous borders and then there's the specter of "3D printing" mags. 

Nope, it's a pipe dream.

So, given that scenario and the fact that criminals are notorious for ignoring the law, why does anyone want the bad guys better armed than the good guys?

As I've been told, "No one's that been in a gunfight has ever wished for a smaller gun and less ammo."
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Wetzel402

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:46 AM »
Im in La Vista (Omaha).  That might be a bit of distance. Im an ENGC Member and got to the range at least quarterly if not more frequently. I ask if she wants to go but shes not really interested. I'd hate to have something bad to happen to her for her to realize that we live in a cynical world and self preservation is rule #1. But, I know My mindset is different because I work within the justice system. Everyday I see the very same people im trying to protect us/her from. I just want her to feel the same way.

My wife has never been anti-gun and has always agreed with me on legislation but also didn't want to go to the range.  After about two years of asking she finally went along with me to the BH and now she owns here own 9mm.

Just keep on asking and if she finally caves in she might just like it :)

What about an Indoor range not far from you ......

The Bullet Hole..... at 109 & Harrison St. La Vista, NE  ?

I'm in the same boat.  I grew up on a farm being able to shoot outdoors any time I wanted but the BH is a good resource, especially when its cold out.