< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I simply do not have it in me to ever watch another newscast again......  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
I do not have the strength to watch another misleading, truth twisting, uneducated, biased, and basically downright asinine newscast ever again.

What the hell is wrong with people??? >:(

How stupid can people be???  ???

The lead off of this latest excruciating story is that more than a dozen guns were taken from the idiot scumbag druggie POS mall shooters room, but then you really have to pay attention to learn that only air rifles and some ammo were actually taken from the waste of air's room, and the "dozens of guns" apparently were taken from a locked safe in the basement of the house.

Then one idiot surgeon says something like, and I am too PO'd to remember the exact words, but anyways it was close to "...and you just can not survive that kind of a gunshot wound, not from an ASSAULT rifle." WTF???? Aren't you supposed to be educated to become a surgeon? Why is a gunshot from an "assault" rifle so deadly? I'm sure that the rounds fired from most of the other "hunting" rifles taken from the house make a much more devastating wound than the AK does. Why are people so fascinated by the words "assault rifle"?

If someone got drunk and ran over and killed a pedestrian with their Toyota, would that make that car an "assault Camry"? Should we then ban all front wheel drives? Do the police then confiscate all the other vehicles that were parked in the garage of the driver? Do they get a warrant to search for empty gas cans?

Truly, we are living in sad times, and I am REALLY scared for our future.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:14:56 PM by Jay »

Offline Engineer5

• Powder Benefactor
Re: I simply do not have it in me to ever watch another newscast again......
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:10:17 PM »
Jay,

I know what your saying.  On channel six at six they had a story about the gun used in the mall shooting.  The banner at the bottom of the screen, which was left up during the entire segment, said something about "blaming the gun?".  Luckily the Douglas Co. deputy that was interviewed said that these incidents can't be blamed on the weapons they choose.  It still made me sick that the media has to keep throwing out the "Assault Weapon" phrase every chance they get.

Also the World-Herald had a small editorial about how the AWB was not renewed by Bush.

The anti's smell the blood in the water so to speak. Don't think that Senator Ashford's bill will be the first.  We are in for one hell of a ride.  If we get a Democrat prez I think it will get even worse.
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

1hickey

Re: I simply do not have it in me to ever watch another newscast again......
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:19:53 AM »
I hate to be apocalyptic, but incidents like this always do cause another round of asinine political posturing.  You can about count on another ban of some kind if "Queen B" gets in.  I can't help but think how important this coming council meeting in Plattsmouth is going to be.  I'm just afraid I won't be able to make it!

In the mean time, it wouldnt be stupid to make sure you acquire the mags, ammo, or weapon of choice while you can.  Remember what happened to prices last time around??  My old Ruger Mini-14 was on Swinger Bill's list before, and you can bet it will certainly be on another when it rolls around.  Sad when a varmint rifle is suddenly a terrorist weapon.  OK, so the Mini is used by some militaries, but that's beside the point. ::)