< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Response from Deb Fischer  (Read 578 times)

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
Response from Deb Fischer
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
Obviously a form letter, but nothing that sounded bad to me.

Dear Tony,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control. As a fellow Nebraskan, your correspondence will play an important role in my decision-making on future gun-related legislation that may come before the Senate.

With the tragic events that took place in Colorado and Connecticut last year, many are calling for more federal gun laws. I am concerned about these efforts to restrict a law-abiding citizen’s right to own a firearm, which is clearly stated in the Constitution. These efforts do not preclude criminals from obtaining guns, nor do they prevent criminals from using guns to commit crimes.

Going forward, you can rest assured that I will continue to be mindful of law-abiding citizens’ right to own guns. I appreciate your taking the time to write to me, and I hope you will stay in touch. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know or visit my website at www.fischer.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Deb Fischer
United States Senator

P.S. Next time you’re in Washington, please plan to attend the Nebraska breakfast. The breakfast is held on most Wednesdays when the Senate is in session. Call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-6551 to RSVP.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Response from Deb Fischer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »
she hasn't responded to mine yet.

well have to see if she send the same when or if she does
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »
I got something like 4 or 5 copies of that today.  I'm guessing her office finally got the form letter system up and running and they're catching up on the backlog.

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
zip...................................