< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Congressman Fortenberry Open House  (Read 1206 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Congressman Fortenberry Open House
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
There are a couple of opportunities to directly lobby Congressman Fortenberry coming up.  The first is  at the Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday, January 30, 2013, from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.  There will also be one at the Bellevue University Student Center on January 31, 2013, from 4:30 - 6:00 pm. Please call 402-438-1598 if you have any questions.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Congressman Fortenberry Open House
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
He caved on the fiscal cliff....he caved on Hurricane Sandy funding i.e. pork...I worry given the right circumstances and if it can be spun right, he may well kick us gun owners in the jimmy.  And yes, I have voted for him and supported him in all his HofR campaigns, but no more......

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
Well bull it it sounds like you need to go hold his feet to the fire over this before it is to late.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:08:42 AM »
Andy, I am not wasting my time with these "folks" (nice word) anymore. I have been a long time, big time financial supporter of the Repubican party, but NOT anymore.  Without sounding conceited, I know I am quite a bit more educated than they so I get more frustrated when the shovel their manure-like explanations why they voted this way or that.....STOP SPENDING !!!  STOP THE SPIN !!!  Stand for something will you regardless.  Sadly, I believe it is too late. One more generation and I am convinced we are done.  Even John Boehner recently stated he thinks BHO's goal is to destroy the GOP.   Ya' think ?!?!?  The tragic part is, he is one of main reasons and doesn't seem to realize that fact.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
Andy, I am not wasting my time with these "folks" (nice word) anymore. I have been a long time, big time financial supporter of the Repubican party, but NOT anymore.  Without sounding conceited, I know I am quite a bit more educated than they so I get more frustrated when the shovel their manure-like explanations why they voted this way or that.....STOP SPENDING !!!  STOP THE SPIN !!!  Stand for something will you regardless.  Sadly, I believe it is too late. One more generation and I am convinced we are done.  Even John Boehner recently stated he thinks BHO's goal is to destroy the GOP.   Ya' think ?!?!?  The tragic part is, he is one of main reasons and doesn't seem to realize that fact.

Sounds like you are giving the liberals what they want.  Surrender.  If that's what people are going to do then you are correct, we have lost.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »
Well bull it it sounds like you need to go hold his feet to the fire over this before it is to late.

And vote this type of person out of office, we all need to do this.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
Andy, I am not wasting my time with these "folks" (nice word) anymore. I have been a long time, big time financial supporter of the Repubican party, but NOT anymore.  ....

Ditto.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
Sounds like you are giving the liberals what they want.  Surrender.  If that's what people are going to do then you are correct, we have lost.

I am not giving anything to the liberals...the problem lies in that I/you/us are the "disinfranchised" (sp?) now.  We vote for these guys/gals, support their campaigns, write letters, threaten not to vote for them etc, etc, etc. and yet they still do what is politically expedient for them.  In short a lack of integrity and standing for principle.  LtCOL Alan West from FL is a prime example.  Voted overwhelmingly into office in 2010 as a Tea Party candidate which got Boehner and the rest of the establishments attention.  After narrowly losing reelection, the establishment no longer respects the values brought to D.C. by him.   Alas, I will still cast my vote for the GOP, but feel it is nothing more than choosing the lesser of two evils.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
I agree with you Bullit on what you are describing regarding corruption within our political parties, elections, etc.  I guess I took your earlier comment out of context as this is an opportunity for people to go to a public meeting an voice our position, which is very differently from support of any candidate.  We need a large vocal turnout at every open house to put pressure on every elected official.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Libertarians need to get their word out there. They are everything the GOP needs fixing on, with the exception of abortion imo, that is just murder.