< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NE and Utah CCW Class Sunday June 7th - Convenient for Omaha and Lincoln  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
I am offering a NE and Utah Concealed Carry class on Sunday June 7th in Syracuse, NE.

7:30am-5pm Pre-registration is required. $125 for the NE class only $150 for both NE and Utah

If you are interested, please email me chris (at) neccwtraining (dot) com and I will give you all the details.

If you just want to take the Utah portion of the class, you can attend from 7:30am-12noon. Cost for Utah only is $50 (however if you have taken a NE CCW class from me or Roger I will give you a 50% discount, so only $25 for the class)

Offline Josh1776

• NFOA Full Member
If one has a NE CCW permit what would be the advantage to getting a Utah CCW permit?...Do more states accept the Utah CCW permit than the NE CCW permit?
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
Yes the Utah permit is recognized by about a dozen more states than Nebraska.

Here is a list of what states are covered:

http://www.neccwtraining.com/id20.html

Offline Toster

• NFOA Full Member
Are there any states that recognize the NE one and not the Utah one?

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Are there any states that recognize the NE one and not the Utah one?

This should help:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
NRA Life Member.

Offline Josh1776

• NFOA Full Member
Besides the $50 for the Utah CCW class are there any fees that Utah charges for their non-resident CCW permit?...I'm considering attending the Utah portion of the CCW class on Sunday, 7:30am-12noon, June 7th, in Syracuse, NE and I wanted to make sure I had enough $$$ to go ahead and apply for Utah permit once I complete the Utah class.
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
The Utah permit costs $65.25 for their permit for 5 years. ($10 to renew after 5 years).

$8-$10 to Walgreens or WalMart for a passport photo.

Fingerprints can be done for free at the NE State Patrol.

Shoot me an email and I will get you the registration form. You have up to one year from taking the class to apply for the permit.

Offline Josh1776

• NFOA Full Member
I just emailed you. I'm looking forward to the Utah CCW class.

Offline Josh1776

• NFOA Full Member
I already have my NE CCW permit. Looks like if I obtain both Utah and Florida non-resident CCW permits I'll be able to CCW in most states...is this why everyone goes for Utah and Florida non-resident CCW permits?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:43:09 PM by Josh1776 »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
I already have my NE CCW permit. Looks like if I obtain both Utah and Florida non-resident CCW permits I'll be able to CCW in most states...is this why everyone goes for Utah and Florida non-resident CCW permits?

Yep. If you go for the Utah, you don't really need the Florida. The Utah will cover 29 states. (Florida covers 28 - No Minnesota)

I sent you a registration form via email

Offline Josh1776

• NFOA Full Member
Thanks for the info and the registration form.