< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: More gun bashing in todays Worald-Herald  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Engineer5

• Powder Benefactor
More gun bashing in todays Worald-Herald
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »
Todays editorials contain a couple more emotion filled diatribes on evil assault weapons.  Did anyone read the one in fridays paper where the guy claims we are trying to force people to carry guns? :-\

"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: More gun bashing in todays Worald-Herald
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
No, I haven't seen them yet, but it does not surprise me. I actually don't read the Wierd Herald much as it tends to ruin my day.

I need to catch up on them, and will probably write an article this weekend and send it in myself. I always think it is best to give it some time after a tragedy to compose something so it doesn't look like it is just raw emotion capitalizing on the situation. I think it has been enough time.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »
Yep........... read that and was also going to write a rebuttal............ then realized the pointlessness of that effort. "There is none so blind as those who have eyes and will not see." That writer and I live in completely different universes. His/hers is governed by emotion. The only thing that matters to him or her is her is how he/she feeeeels about a particular thing at a particular moment in time, consequenses be damned. The one I live in is regulated by physics and is ministered by cause and effect. I don't know the name he refers to his world as, but mine is generally refered to as reality....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
Jim, you have a great way with words. I really think you should write something. No, it probably won't change the mind of that particular author, but it may shed some light on reality to some uneducated news-watchers.

At the very least, it'll make you feel better. I have started drafting a letter and I feel better already!

Offline Engineer5

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »
I wrote to the WH yesterday.  I doubt they will print it.
"Beware the fury of a patient man"