< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I hate Glocks  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Tim McBride

• NFOA Full Member
Re: I hate Glocks
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »
A lot of work went into that video...

<-Glock shooter....

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
The only weakness I have found in Glock is no exterior safety, which I rectified with Safe-T-Blok

Personal preference, but I like not having an external physical safety on my Sig :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »
Great movie!  However, nothing beats ADDING an external trigger block safety to an already great handgun.  That is what some of us have discovered.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:22:10 PM by Gary »

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »
Regarding the Safe-T-Blok, Ive never really had a chance to play around with one. Looking at it online it doesnt appear that it can be operated with both hands. If forced to use your gun with your support hand only, is there a way to get it out of the trigger guard?

Being a plan for the worst kinda guy I wouldn't carry a gun with a safety that wasn't ambidextrous.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 03:46:23 AM »
Regarding the Safe-T-Blok, Ive never really had a chance to play around with one. Looking at it online it doesnt appear that it can be operated with both hands. If forced to use your gun with your support hand only, is there a way to get it out of the trigger guard?

Being a plan for the worst kinda guy I wouldn't carry a gun with a safety that wasn't ambidextrous.

- Shawn

It is sold right handed, and left handed, but not both ways in one unit. 

There is another unit that is ,

http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Tech-MIC-Holster-Black/dp/B006VYBAZ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361699216&sr=8-4&keywords=glock+safety

This is more for smaller Glock's that you might want in your pocket. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:49:17 AM by Gary »

Offline Grunt167

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »
I don't hate Glocks, in fact I wanted to like them but they never felt right or pointed naturally so I've never owned one. My XDm now feels like a part of my hand... 
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
my M&P 40 fits in my hand pretty good... and my M&P22 feels good too.  was never a fan of Glocks or XD's.... but then again, i've never shot one either, just fondled them at gun stores.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »
I don't have an issue with handguns with no external safety, as long as it is single action, or a double action with a long 12 pound trigger pull.   Mixing a light short trigger pull with double action seems way to opportunistic for accidents to happen.   When I discovered external trigger block safeties, that is what influenced me to accept a Glock over my 1911 style Star PD.

In fairness, millions of Glocks do not accidently fire when in use as duty weapons.  It is not the millions I am the most concerned about, it is my weapon I want to be comfortable with.

My wife got a kick out of that parody video, even watched it twice, laughing the whole time. 

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
The Beretta Nano does not have a safety slide, but  it does have a prefix-trigger lock that prevents the gun from firing if it is dropped accidently.  The trigger pull is long.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
This test pretty much shows, fate, dumb luck, ignorance, & misfortune, all have to converge for a Glock to go off without wanting it to fire. However, several times in everyone's life, FDIM  do converge, so I play it safe, and block the trigger.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
I have no problem carrying a gun without an external safety.  A proper holster covers the trigger guard, and the gun will not "go off" unless the trigger is pulled.  There are 4 laws to gun safety, and as long as I obey those laws, I have no need for an external safety.  Any external safety, which is a mechanical devise, is bound to fail at some point in time.  I would rather rely on my INTERNAL safety of my brain. 

I am not trying to belittle anyone who feels that they want/need an external safety on a gun.  I just don't see the need for it as long as the trigger guard is properly covered while it is being carried.  If it is in your hand, then you most likely have it there for a reason.  Don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot and it won't fire.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »
He created a news Glock model, called the "Cricket".   :laugh:

IF nothing else, the Glock makes a good plow!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
I don't have an issue with handguns with no external safety, as long as it is single action, or a double action with a long 12 pound trigger pull.   Mixing a light short trigger pull with double action seems way to opportunistic for accidents to happen. 

Leave the weapon in double action mode with it's heavy trigger pull and then spend lots of time practicing 2-3 round shots with the first in DA followed by one or two SA.  You'll eventually get better at the sudden trigger pull weight difference.  Just all about practice.

It took me a long while to get adjusted to handling and carrying a weapon without an external safety with a round in the chamber at all times... but ya do eventually get there.  I stuck with a heavy DA followed up by lighter SA just for peace of mind as well... instead of getting a DAO setup etc.

And, outside of 1911 C&L... who leaves a semi auto with the hammer cocked ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D