< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I hate Glocks  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
I hate Glocks
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
I HATE GLOCKS  :o  (Posted without comment?  :laugh:)

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: I hate Glocks
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:27:26 PM »
ME TOO!

(except this Lone Wolf airsoft trainer we are using this weekend is growing on me.  Must resist..
Ya know it like that riding a moped thing. All fun as long as your friends don't see you doing it.)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
good laugh loved it.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »

That guy has a SERIOUS amount of free time, apparently.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »
He's got something on them.
(Maybe i should have added "Don't try this at Home"?)

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
Cute.  But somebody definitely has too much time on their hands :laugh:

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
I'm a known glock hater here, and i concur :P
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
I'm a known glock hater here, and i concur :P

Don't worry.  You too shall be assimilated.

:)

Offline SHEP

• NFOA Full Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »
Dudes! No! My Gen 3 Glock 23 is by far the best, most reliable firearm I have ever owned. I HAD a Kimber Eclipse Pro 2 at one time. Unfortunately I had to sell it to pay bills. I dont think I had it long enough to really appreciate it though. But, Im sure I would have liked it just as much as my G23...(insert smart assed grin here).

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
What do you expect from a dude that would wear an abercrombie shirt?

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »
Dudes! No! My Gen 3 Glock 23 is by far the best, most reliable firearm I have ever owned. I HAD a Kimber Eclipse Pro 2 at one time. Unfortunately I had to sell it to pay bills. I dont think I had it long enough to really appreciate it though. But, Im sure I would have liked it just as much as my G23...(insert smart assed grin here).

....up until it started not working.

Man, Kimbers just look gorgeous.  Right up till the fail.  [sigh]

(Note:  This is NOT an invitation for everyone to tell me how amazingly reliable their beautiful Kimbers are, or at least have been for the last 300 rounds.)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »
Don't worry.  You too shall be assimilated.

Zero chance of that happening.

Glocks don't feel comfy in my hand, I don't care for their sight picture, etc.

For similar price range, the springfield xd's were a little better imho... still didn't really like those either.

Love my Sig :).

That said, Glock's a fine weapon... but no thanks. Not ever.  The closest I'd ponder a glock is for 10mm goodness... but I won't trade ergonomics for 10mm power tyvm.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 09:43:10 PM »
All Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!

Nicely Rendered Video.   Haven't seen anything this good on the Forum since Huskergun's earlier opus magnum.

But then, Joe Dirt is one of my all-time faves, too.

Now....
Phantom

Yes.   Your are Right.   Glocks are Bad.   [But then, Guns are Bad, too.   All guns.   I read it in the New York Times and Washington Post. ]   Put all your Bad Glocks and Other Bad Guns in a basket out on the porch.    They will be gone in the morning.

sfg
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:46:18 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
Love my gen 4 23... I have pretty big hands so the 2x4 grip doesn't bother me. But the 45 and 10mm glocks do have one heck of a thick grip, would never get one of those. When I show people a glock at the store and they say it feels to thick I move them over to some Walther P99/PPQs or Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagles, they have a thinner grip where the webbing between the thumb and index finger contacts the gun and they love them. I probably would have gone with a Walther if the dang magazines weren't so ridiculously priced. My biggest problem with Glock is the polygonal rifling, because of this I have put more rounds through all my other handguns. I'm debating an aftermarket barrel with cut rifling so I can shoot the oh so cheap lead bullets. Overall I love it but I understand people have different tastes and would prefer they get one that fits them the best.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
Hmmm, the fat grip of my G30 and the polygonal rifling are the reasons  I bought one.

The grip greatly reduce the felt recoil impulse by spreading the energy over a wider area.

The polygonal rifling squeezes maximum velocity out of the shorter barrel, so there is little velocity lost compared to a 5" barrel.

I guess it comes down to why you want a handgun, for the most effective self defense tool in the compact size, or a range toy.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline dougusafsp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
Don't know about you all but I laughed my ass off at that vid. Love the beat down of the home intruder. Good stuff. Oh and by the way I chose the Springfield XD over the Glock. I liked the grip better and the trigger on the XD was much much smoother.
U.S. Air Force Security Police 1987-1994

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Bump

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »
Yes.   Your are Right.   Glocks are Bad.   [But then, Guns are Bad, too.   All guns.   I read it in the New York Times and Washington Post. ]   Put all your Bad Glocks and Other Bad Guns in a basket out on the porch.    They will be gone in the morning.
sfg

You forgot to tell them to send me a note that they were putting all those nasty guns out there before they do.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »
As a convert to Glock, I have to admit that I like it better than the XD.  Once the Gen 4's came out, the grip fit my hand better and I just shoot better with it.  Doesn't hurt that I've gotten 2-3 "free" ones from GSSF too! :)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
My first Glock was about 25 years ago, a G21.  I sold it and went with a Glock 21 about 20 years ago. 

I owned a gun store, so I was always handling different handguns.  Never found one I liked better, or that shot better for me.

The high capacity mags is a real plus.    I like 1911's, but I am never going back to half rations of ammo again.

How could someone do a trash a Glock video and forget to heckle the safety trigger system?  The only weakness I have found in Glock is no exterior safety, which I rectified with Safe-T-Blok.