< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Truth or Not (not for the light hearted)  (Read 2235 times)

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Truth or Not (not for the light hearted)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:36 AM »
Fixed it for you:

The one time I saw that show, it drove me nuts. That's an -- interesting clip, though.  :-\

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »
thanks I didn't know was there a problem?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:14:58 AM »
He was outstanding in "Dumb and Dumber".....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
It's a fact of life, The thruth does hurt, but we need to quit coddling each other and say what needs to be said- The TRUTH!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:05:28 AM »
Truth?
We can't have People telling the Truth....if they did that where would we end up?
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, everything he said is correct.  Sadly. 

The “Greatest Generation of Americans” fought WWII, and they are almost all gone now.  I would love for my kids to be a part of the next great generation of Americans, but I just can’t see that happening.  Not with the “Instant Gratification”, “Blame Someone Else”, “You Owe Me” culture that I see on the streets every day.  I’ve tried with my own kids to instill the same moral code that I have myself, but I am losing the battle.  TV, Internet, Liberal educators, permissive parents, part-time parents, all these things and many more are working against me 14 hours a day, and I have to sleep sometime. 

Maybe it’s time to buy an RV and go fishing.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
I’ve tried with my own kids to instill the same moral code that I have myself, but I am losing the battle.  TV, Internet, Liberal educators, permissive parents, part-time parents, all these things and many more are working against me 14 hours a day, and I have to sleep sometime. 

Ron

Ron, don't give up its how they want to wear a person down the young are the future and as difficult as it seems don't cave and sure buy an RV and lets all go to S.D. and shoot some pdogs.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, everything he said is correct.  Sadly. 

The “Greatest Generation of Americans” fought WWII, and they are almost all gone now.  I would love for my kids to be a part of the next great generation of Americans, but I just can’t see that happening.  Not with the “Instant Gratification”, “Blame Someone Else”, “You Owe Me” culture that I see on the streets every day.  I’ve tried with my own kids to instill the same moral code that I have myself, but I am losing the battle.  TV, Internet, Liberal educators, permissive parents, part-time parents, all these things and many more are working against me 14 hours a day, and I have to sleep sometime. 

Ron

I feel your pain Ron.  Just gotta keep hanging in there.  I just emphasize being aware of what goes on around you, use common sense to think it through, and have the guts to make your own decisions. If I live to see the "lights come on" for my kids I will be blessed with the knowledge that I've given them what they truly need to survive.

A-FIXER

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »
If I live to see the "lights come on" for my kids I will be blessed with the knowledge that I've given them what they truly need to survive.

I have be BLESSED in this, they have come into the light, and this is getting passed on to my g-kids by THEM.... :D

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
I feel your pain Ron.  Just gotta keep hanging in there.  I just emphasize being aware of what goes on around you, use common sense to think it through, and have the guts to make your own decisions. If I live to see the "lights come on" for my kids I will be blessed with the knowledge that I've given them what they truly need to survive.

Thanks guys, I’m not giving up on them, but there are days…..

I was a foster parent for 18 years, 235 kids in that time, so I’m a bit worn out by all the day in and day out of raising kids.  It’s harder when you are raising someone else’s kids, and adopt a bunch of them as well.  I didn’t screw them up, but I volunteered to try and straighten them out.  If I had known then what I know now…

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX