< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pretty New Custom Colt 1911  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Sincendiary

• NFOA Full Member
Pretty New Custom Colt 1911
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »
I just got home from Afghanistan and picked up my deployment present to myself at Nebraska Gun.  A soldier under my charge designed the engraving and I was very impressed and very proud to get the second one they made of a custom serial numbered run just for my unit :)

It's definitely going to be a bit of a safe queen but I have to fire it...sadly I came home to a giant 45 ACP draught it appears.

But soon my precious...soon.  :D

Offline lunchbox

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Pretty New Custom Colt 1911
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
Looks nice. If you can’t find any .45, let me know. I’ll give you a box of 50. Thanks for your service.

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »

Looks nice. If you can’t find any .45, let me know. I’ll give you a box of 50. Thanks for your service.

Your a good man Bro!!!

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
Same here - if you are in the Bellevue area I've got 50 rds that are yours for the taking. Not a requirement but getting the brass back at some point would be cool.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »
sadly I came home to a giant 45 ACP draught it appears.
In Omaha I have seen  ample supply of 45ACP.  It's 9mm that's really scarce.

But that is one awesome safe queen ;D

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:30 PM »
Thats a good looking steel ya got there sir.  I'll keep my eyes open for some 45 here in Lincoln.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Sincendiary

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
Same here - if you are in the Bellevue area I've got 50 rds that are yours for the taking. Not a requirement but getting the brass back at some point would be cool.

You guys are class acts!  I really am touched by the offer, but I managed to secure a box of federal ammo for it so I should be able to shoot this weekend.   Thank you so much for your generosity and appreciation!

I checked Lincoln's Scheels, Nebraska Gun, and two Walmarts before I found anything.  Everything seems pretty scarce in Lincoln at the moment.

In Omaha I have seen  ample supply of 45ACP.  It's 9mm that's really scarce.

Maybe I need to take a trip to Omaha, wife would appreciate the restaurant selection anyway :)

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
Maybe I need to take a trip to Omaha, wife would appreciate the restaurant selection anyway
The offer stands - if you come to Omaha I'd gladly meet up with you and give you a box. Just give me a heads up when you are going to be in the area. There is a good supply at Cabela's and Scheels if you want more.