< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Columbus gun shop on channel 7 news  (Read 2900 times)

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
Columbus gun shop on channel 7 news
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:04 AM »
If you saw it, it was not a bad story and was nice to see Melissa Fry firing an AR and looking comfortable doing it.

The only negative thing I came away with was Scott Jansen referring to a 30 round AR mag as a "high capacity" magazine. It would have been better if he had called it a "standard capacity" magazine since that is what it is.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Columbus gun shop on channel 7 news
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:28:31 AM »
Pretty confusing report in my opinion...customers rushing to have their guns altered to avoid the possible ban???  I guess in theory turning your AR into an SBR does get you around technically....for now..... 
By the way, is that Andrew Jenkins' old store i.e. AJ Guns?

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Gun-retailers-see-business-booming/-/9674510/18421072/-/dnio9cz/-/index.html

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:07:31 AM »
Well, I am glad to hear he is planning to expand into Lincoln
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
He was shooting a blue barrel.  Better get on him Thomas.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
00:46 - He is shooting full auto.  Watch his toes lift off the ground as he shoots.  Looks like he needs a better stance.  LOL

00:51 - No eye protection.  Well he does have it, but they are on top of his head.

Yes...I know I am CDO.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
Yes...I know I am CDO.

Fly

Do you mean "OCD"?  :-)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »
Do you mean "OCD"?  :-)

No...as someone else pointed out on this forum, CDO is the alphabetical, and therefore correct, order of the letters for the condition incorrectly referred to as "OCD".  ;D

Fly

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »
No...as someone else pointed out on this forum, CDO is the alphabetical, and therefore correct, order of the letters for the condition incorrectly referred to as "OCD".  ;D

Fly

LOL ... I thought a true obsessive/compulsive would want the letters in the order the words appear in the name of the condition.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
LOL ... I thought a true obsessive/compulsive would want the letters in the order the words appear in the name of the condition.

You obviously don't understand my condition.  ;)

Overall though, a good news piece that is favorable to gun owners.  The shop owner presented himself well.  The average (non-obsesive) viewer would not have even noticed the items I pointed out.

Fly
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:01:13 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
You obviously don't understand my condition. 

Overall though, a good news piece that is favorable to gun owners.  The shop owner presented himself well.  The average (non-obsesive) viewer would not have even noticed the items I pointed out.

Fly

And here I thought you just didn't like blue barrel's   :P
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Pretty confusing report in my opinion...customers rushing to have their guns altered to avoid the possible ban???  I guess in theory turning your AR into an SBR does get you around technically....for now.....
By the way, is that Andrew Jenkins' old store i.e. AJ Guns?

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Gun-retailers-see-business-booming/-/9674510/18421072/-/dnio9cz/-/index.html

HUH? so registering a semi-auto as a SBR will somehow make it a non- evil black rifle??? Is this some sort of Loophole in Feinsteins AWB proposal?

Offline sattv4u

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
Who was on the news with their gun business? and who was NOT?  Be nice !!!

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
1) Scott is a big supporter of the NFOA, I won the YHM Mite suppressor he donated for the NFOA Banquet last year.   :P

2) His shop is currently at the other end of the hallway from AJ's guns in Columbus.

3) What is a "Blue Barrel"?

4) His new place is huge, and should be capable of darn near any kind of machining one might need for a firearm.

5) Chicks and guns are a great combination, even "Info-babes", like my favorite talk show host calls them.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »
1) Scott is a big supporter of the NFOA, I won the YHM Mite suppressor he donated for the NFOA Banquet last year.   :P
I figured he is - but I still think we need to present info as it should be when given the chance. Wasn't bashing him in any way - just saying I wish he had referred to the 30 rd AR mags as  standard not hi-cap. I know we will never be able to undo what the anti's are feeding the sheeple, but that's no reason to give up and accept their garbage.

Offline American Reaper Arms LLC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
Ha. I did need a better stance, however it was my first time shooting a full auto! Ha.  She told me she was going to run the story differently but could not find someone anti gun that would do the story so she just went with this. I to found it a bit confusing but up till that day she never heard of "NFA" so she did it ok. Yes sorry about the high cap mag term I was pointing out why it would be ban using the legislation's terms.

I really wanted her to run the story about her experience shooting for the first time. She rocked the P90 like a star by the end of the day and had that Machine Gun Smile. (and that 5.7 ammo is expensive **** right now).

I know she had fun because her and the camera man were filming each other shooting with there Iphones so they could send the video's to there friends. I had no Idea how they would edit the story at first when they called i told them no because of past experiences with the media. Then i thought about it and realized gun people would see thru any BS and anti gun people would hate me regardless so i then agreed. I hope you all liked it and that i did more good than harm with the story.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »
HUH? so registering a semi-auto as a SBR will somehow make it a non- evil black rifle??? Is this some sort of Loophole in Feinsteins AWB proposal?

As I understood it when watching it .....he's converting them into NFA weapons.   those are registered/Tax paid..... and would bypass the Feinsteins AWB proposal as it would move them in to the Automatic/modified  weapons category by making the barrel shorter then normally allowed by law.

But it would still end up being legal after going through the NFA process with the ATF .
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline sattv4u

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
 :o
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:51:49 AM by sattv4u »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
Ha. I did need a better stance, however it was my first time shooting a full auto! Ha.

Wasn't trying to dis you.  Just thought that was funny.  Not to worry.  I have been shooting some USPSA and IDPA matches, and I often look like Jerry Lewis running with a gun.   :-[

Fly

A-FIXER

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:39 AM »
Ha. I did need a better stance, however it was my first time shooting a full auto! Ha.  She told me she was going to run the story differently but could not find someone anti gun that would do the story so she just went with this. I to found it a bit confusing but up till that day she never heard of "NFA" so she did it ok. Yes sorry about the high cap mag term I was pointing out why it would be ban using the legislation's terms.

You did a good job, armchair QB's that we are sometimes we forget just how tough it is to do all things perfect. This also works in our favor to help those who hopefully ''Don't get there panties in a bunch'' Again Scott welcome and Good Job 

I really wanted her to run the story about her experience shooting for the first time. She rocked the P90 like a star by the end of the day and had that Machine Gun Smile. (and that 5.7 ammo is expensive **** right now).

I know she had fun because her and the camera man were filming each other shooting with there Iphones so they could send the video's to there friends. I had no Idea how they would edit the story at first when they called i told them no because of past experiences with the media. Then i thought about it and realized gun people would see thru any BS and anti gun people would hate me regardless so i then agreed. I hope you all liked it and that i did more good than harm with the story.

A-FIXER

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »
But as we know this is a hot button issue, and we all can learn from those who do QB and be prepared for the next time... :)