< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Weapon seized at Bellevue East was pellet gun  (Read 1946 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Weapon seized at Bellevue East was pellet gun
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20130206/NEWS/130209789/1685

Quote from: TheArticle
It was not clear whether the boy threatened anyone with the weapon, though Elbert said the student stirred “a great deal of fear” among the people there.

The student was taken to a juvenile detention facility and arrested on suspicion of making terroristic threats, a felony, and disturbing the peace, a misdemeanor.

The Sarpy County Attorney's Office will decide whether the student is charged as an adult.

Student brings an airsoft pistol to school and.... what happens ?  Felonies!

Sigh.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Weapon seized at Bellevue East was pellet gun
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »
Aressed for Thought Crimes ....I guess George orwell was off by 30 years.

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:17:01 PM »
Indeed.

Not clear if he threatened anyone.. but... arrested for "suspicion of making terroristic threats".  How does that work out ?

Also:

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/dec/21/alice-isd-student-arrested-on-suspicion-of-a-on/

Sadly that article is written absolutely horridly.  In one instance 'terroristic threats' is a misdemeanor, the other a felony.

Quote from: OtherArticle
“We all know that they are silly pranks,” she said. “The thing is that they are in writing ... you have to take everything seriously because you are dealing with the lives of children.”

Excuse me?

Annnnddddd.... just to bring this back to NE related...

There's the LB318 thread / bill here in NE...

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,7523.msg53271.html#msg53271

DanW summed it up nicely:

Quote from: DanTheManW
That is why I believe many here are concerned that a false arrest could end up  costing them the same price as a conviction for a crime they never committed, namely the right to keep and bears arms, or even be cause to lose a job that requires bonding, or just because your boss doesn't like people with a "record".
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
When I think back to the games of cops and robbers we used to play in the streets as kids...probably would have had the Nat.Guard called out on us nowadays.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »
When I think back to the games of cops and robbers we used to play in the streets as kids...probably would have had the Nat.Guard called out on us nowadays.

Actually, doing it at school gets you suspended, a psych evaluation, and your parents interrogated .... assuming you're a kid who makes a 'gun with his fingers'...

Let alone what the actual pew pew / pow pow sound might do 1@%!@#

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:46:32 AM »
this is bad just bad

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
We have allowed this to happen. The only way to change it is to get involved in school policy both as parents and as citizens. "Zero Tolerance" must end. ZT was implemented so the adults in the school system wouldn't have to make adult decisions. Most of us on this board know the difference between a student giving another student an asprin vs a narcotic but the school doesn't see any difference. We know the difference between a "gun" made of fingers or a drawing vs an actual firearm but schools refuse to see the difference.
Most of us older forum members carried knives to school on a daily basis. I don't know of anyone being stabbed or threatened with a knife back then either.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
This was a 17 year old HS student, not a grade schooler. He knew he was breaking the rules, took his chances and got caught. No sympathy here. Now as to how severe the penalty should be, thats up for debate.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

A-FIXER

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
He knew what he was doing, my comments are directed to LB-318 and the fingerprints issue I do agree that parents need to get involved with school policies and allow room for some type of normalism

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
This all seem to stem in part Back to The schools being made "GUN FREE ZONES"

School Staffing doesn't want to deal with these issues so it's easier to attempt to force parents
to deal with them by using Zero Tolerance polices. and Like being P.C. they have gotten out of hand.

Just like a kid who makes a 'gun with his fingers'... or throwing an imaginary grenade.

Soon they will be kicking kids out of grade schools for farting saying he kept making bomb sounds and trying to kill people by releasing biological agents in the class room .....

As Waltherfan points out Sad times indeed.   

Makes one wonder if the Roman senate had problems such as these in times before the fall of Rome. 

As for this Case I'd with hold judgement on the Kid till all facts are known

I will comment in general on thing related to the case ....like didn't we use to have Laws that might better handle this besides labeling him as some sort of home grown terrorist needing to be shipped off shore and maybe waterboarded to see who else could be involved ?
Have they arrested his parrents for buying the Gun used?
Shut down the merchant responceable for selling such a deadly weapon to him ?

I agree with our forefathers we seem to be Doomed to repeat history and we're doing it now.

God Help us All

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20130208/NEWS/702089880/1685#two-bellevue-east-students-face-adult-charges

Well he is being charged with a couple of misdemeanors and the felony of tampering with physical evidence since ditched the airsoft gun before police got there.  Now I can see this 17 year old did something stupid and should be punish, but needing to try to come up with a felony to charge him with seems a little overboard to me.  Not only are they charging him with a felony but they are doing so as an adult...

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
So actually there are two student involved in this the media just decided to lump them together

The 16 year old who had the Airsoft gun will be charged with tampering with physical evidence, a felony, and with two misdemeanors: false reporting and disturbing the peace.

and they plan to charge a second Bellevue East student with terroristic threats for an incident Thursday.

both to be charged as adults

Two Stupid teenagers....and Stupid media who heard Gun at a school and went into a feeding frenzy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:16:26 PM by Phantom »

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »
The only way to solve this and protect our students is to get the TSA into the schools.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
The only way to solve this and protect our students is to get the TSA into the schools.

So we need to get the Students Graped ?

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
Well, it's for the children ya know.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
Soon they will be kicking kids out of grade schools for farting saying he kept making bomb sounds and trying to kill people by releasing biological agents in the class room .....

I LOL'd
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »
Sean:

Poor choice by the kid (17), yes.

Felony based arrest and a couple of the other charges  ? Hell no.

A-FIXER

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
When I was 17 the first wagons were heading west, but close enough to 18 drinking, and yes I still made mistakes but the Corps solved that problem,.... now I was hard as nails and still made mistakes, I do think the charges are too heavy but look at the bio-bomb threat everything is P.C. And this climate sucks the big one.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
We have allowed this to happen. The only way to change it is to get involved in school policy both as parents and as citizens. "Zero Tolerance" must end. ZT was implemented so the adults in the school system wouldn't have to make adult decisions. Most of us on this board know the difference between a student giving another student an asprin vs a narcotic but the school doesn't see any difference. We know the difference between a "gun" made of fingers or a drawing vs an actual firearm but schools refuse to see the difference.
Most of us older forum members carried knives to school on a daily basis. I don't know of anyone being stabbed or threatened with a knife back then either.

I respectfully believe you are incorrect.  ZT policies are written for the lowest common denominator.  They are written so school districts won't get sued by the lowest common denominator trying to make cash off the schools in court.  The reason  school districts (not individual schools, generally) have ZT policies is because there are people like you and me that would look at some of these "violations" and roll our eyes at the kid at one school, then they'd get suspended at another.  Stupid policies? Yes.  Understandable in the structure of a school district? Yes.  Should they be changed? Yes.  Contact your school board member and discuss it rationally with them. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

I'd rather they be GRAPED than GROPED....    Just sayin'....